Epilogue

(Recommended song - 1000 Hands by Fifth Harmony)

I wake up to a tickle on my nose. Barley awake, I bat it away only to have it return seconds after. I keep up the bat and itch, while sleep starts to fade and reality starts to kick in.

As I finally get the tickle to subside, I open my eyes and take in my surroundings.

I look to my right where the apartment window is open, blowing wind through the curtains causing a chill in the otherwise warm bedroom.

I try to shift with an uncomfortable kink in my shoulder and dead weight on my upper body. I smile taking in a deep breath through my nose to be met with non-other than Carmilla's Herbal Essences smelling hair draped over my naked chest.

"Cupcake, you're staring again." Carmilla's raspy morning voice mutters.

My smile only widens as I blush away and subconsciously try to pat down her wild bed head.

It's been nearly 4 months since our last fight in the rain. After Ell slammed the door shut and locked it, Carmilla had to sneak in through her bedroom window where I then proceeded to hear a lot of screaming and shattered glass (rip tardis mug) and another slammed door, where I then witness Ell flicking me off before jogging in the direction of the parking lot. Since then, I've moved in and Carmilla and I have been stronger and happier than ever. She even lets me watch Harry Potter on her bedroom T.V. when she's pretending to take a nap, but in actuality is secretly watching along and enjoying it as much as I.

"It's kind of impossible not to." I argue back with a short-lived giggle.

I feel her cheek tighten on my abdomen, letting me know she's smiling, which of course, only leads to a wider grin on my end.

It's moment's like this that I'm grateful for Will's departure back to Germany, where I've recently been told he would be staying for good.

It's also moment's like this where I'm grateful to be undoubtedly in love with my boyfriend's little sister.

Could he even still be considered my boyfriend? All I had gotten on his end was a text message applying an apology and a "See ya on the flip side" from the college student. Nonetheless, I'm grateful for right now, where I am, in my girlfriends bed, with said girlfriend hugging my torso greedily and a little last night on these sheets.

She takes a deep breath and starts to sit up, stretching her arms high above her head and arching her back, giving me a full view of every naked curve and crevice of her perfect body.

I take the small amount of time that I have to shamelessly gawk at her.

God, why does she have to be so beautiful? Anybody with eyes can see how effortlessly flawless she is. But, you see, the thing is.. She's not exactly flawless.

She has small stretch marks around her hips where her backside has obviously grown into her body. The bits and pieces of childhood scars line her legs, but most have faded due to time and cover up. She was always a thrill seeker, running into the woods barefoot or climbing over wired fences as a teenager.

As she's settling onto her knees, I scoot closer closing my hands around her hips and pulling her into my lap where I place a chaste kiss upon her smiling lips, simultaneously running my fingers along the scar a little above her belly button. Yet another perfect imperfection. Maybe not done by her own hands or reckless behavior as an immature teen, but a mark of a fighter nonetheless.

The thing is, people hear it all the time how nobody's perfect, and it's true. No one is. But the beauty of that - of somebodies undoubted insecurities - is it only takes one person... One person to make them feel beautiful and to find that confidence within themselves every time they remind them of how utterly, unimaginably gorgeous that person is.