chapter 1..kinda

maileys POV.

it happened so fast. so sudden. I never would of expected a night filled with laughter, joy and happiness would turn into a tragic nightmare.

I woke up in the hospital. I had no idea what was going on. I had wires and needles and plugs hooked up to me. there was a faint beeping noise..almost unheard. maybe it was in my head. I tried standing but I fell straight down to the cold tiled floor. I felt a soft warm hand grab my arm and say, "mailey! mailey! are you alright? let's get you back up doll!" her voice was so gentle and concerned, as if I did something so wrong.

"mailey. are you there? wake up babe..mailey you're in the hospital, you've been in a coma for three days. you were in a severe car accident with your friend..jade is it ?"

the thoughts all came flooding back now. jade and I were coming home from Kian's. and at the stoplight, I went to check for my purse, and the truck rear ended us..

I went through the front window, while jade went through the front side.

my first reaction was to ask how jade was, but instead I forced myself up. I put my right leg on the floor. I tried getting up to stand again. I fell once more.

I realized then I was in a tremendous amount of pain. I look down and saw the bloody cloth around my whole leg. I had broken it and had surgery.

the nurse came back in, helped me up and set me on the bed. I was having a panic attack. I kept breathing heavily and couldn't catch up.

"I don't remember much", I told the doctor. "all I know is, I was looking for my purse and the truck hit us. the last thing I remember is hearing the screams, sirens and the blankness of it all."

I couldn't stop thinking about jade, those thoughts were interrupted by the corruptness of the beeping and doctors yelling.

"RP John. room 121. Jade Sunick."

it was jade.

my best friend.

had died.