Chapter 2

(Not done yet)
After a long day of preparation, I stand in the city square surrounded by my fellow sixteen year olds, girls in unique dresses of their own, makeup covering their faces. And boys in suits and ties, their hair sleeked back and their heads held high. Especially the council and Intellect castes looked spectacular. I give a quick shrug returning my gaze to May and my mother, giving my outfit one last look over, my mother nods in approval turning away quickly to hide her worry She picks May up, quickly sweeping the beaming girl away through the crowd of parents that were now being pushed back by Council guards in their white/streaked black armor and black out helmets. I lick my lips suddenly nervous as a single light shines towards the stage in front of the Council's palace. Rubbing my sudden cold arms I try and focus in on each sixteen year old. Maybe, if I look hard enough I'll know all their weaknesses and strengths. I chuckle nervously to myself wanting to bang my head on a wall. Idiot. I think, but I'm pulled out of my thoughts as another girl, very straight, dirty blond hair and bright green eyes comes to stand besides me. her green dress matching perfectly with her eyes, glancing at me she smiles brightly elbowing me in the hip.
    "Ow.." I mutter rubbing where she elbowed me, the girl leaned in towards me "Hey, I'm Leigh." she says in a very friendly pitched voice. She smelt like perfume. I give her a weak smile in return.
    "Camille." I answer almost too blandly, Leigh raised a brow standing up to her full height, she was beautiful I had to admit I wouldn't be surprised if some guys would spare her during the choosing. I almost laughed at her next words.
    "Don't be nervous." She says softly her green eyes watching the stage as people of the Council begin to file on. I grin at her, surprised by my own openness.
"How aren't you nervous?" I whispered lowering my voice as a women dressed in a beautiful blue gown steps to the podium and begins to speak.