sixteen

The cops haven't shown up for two weeks now, but Harry and Annabel are still on the lookout and trying to act as normal as possible. To keep things looking like they have a routine and that they let people go, they bring s number of people home and have sex and then let them go. This makes it look like they do send their partners home routinely.

Harry knows that they're under surveillance still, so he's trying his hardest to keep his mind restrained when they're in bed with potential victims. Lately, he's been taking it out on Annabel and she's got bruises and cuts in almost every place imaginable. He knows that she doesn't mind it—that she likes it—but he feels like he's hurting her far more than he should and he doesn't like that.

Today is her birthday and she doesn't know that he knows because he did a little research after they first met and he remembers the date as clear as day. Since he's been so rough with her recently, he decides that tonight he's going to be gentle and take his time with her. It's rare when they take things slow and it's a hell of a lot better if he's being honest.

He loves pushing into her slowly and making her gasp and beg him for more because they're used to rushing things and pushing everything to the limit. The soft sounds that pass her lips are so much sweeter and he loves watching her beneath him, holding on to him tightly and lifting her hips because she wants more, more, more.

He's thinking about it too much and the moment Annabel walks into the room with a bowl of strawberries, a smirk rises to her lips. Harry's sweatpants look like a tent and it's really amusing because she's literally only been gone for five minutes.

"Someone's happy to see me."

Harry doesn't bother to hide his smile as he rolls his eyes, "Always. Are you going to share those?"

Annabel licks her lips before popping a sugar coated strawberry into her mouth, "Depends, are you going to share your enthusiasm?"

She stands by the foot of the bed and watches him as she eats her strawberries and it's making him frustrated because the way that she's looking at him is only making him harder.

"I was planning on it later in the evening, but now is fine if you'd like. I mean, it is your birthday after all."

Annabel's eyes widen slightly. She never told him that today is her birthday and she didn't want him to know anyway because it only means that she's wasted another year of her life.

She raises an eyebrow in question as she carefully climbs into bed and sits cross-legged beside him. "How do you know that?"

Harry reaches over and steals one of her sliced strawberries, popping it in his mouth and smiling as she waits for his answer. She looks nice like this, with her hair loose and a bit messy from sleep and her face wiped clean of makeup, and he can't help but to stare at her for a moment. He thinks that she's beautiful all the time, but he hasn't really told her that a lot.

"You're so beautiful."

The compliment catches her by surprise and her cheeks flush as he takes another strawberry and slowly pushes it past his lips. He's complimented her a few times before, but something about this compliment felt different and she really liked it. He still hasn't answered her question though.

Annabel tilts her head and smiles at him as she repeats her previous question, "How did you know that today's my birthday?"

Harry takes the bowl of strawberries away from her and places it on the nightstand. She's not quite sure what he's getting at until he reaches for her and pulls her on top of him. Annabel's smiling as one of his hands finds her waist and the other gently pushes the hair from her face. He hasn't been sweet like this since...well, she can't remember when he was this sweet. But it's a really nice change from how rough he's been with her lately and she really likes it.