Alone At A Table For Two

I tapped my fingers lightly on the table, scanning the restaurant. No sign of my date, after an hour. Why was I even still here? I knew I shouldn't have trusted a blind date. I really didn't want to go home, either.

I was quite dressed up, and I felt nice. I wore a long, black dress that conformed nicely to my figure, flowing gracefully around me.
My hair was curled loosely, and my makeup was done nicely.

I started to feel a bit embarrassed sitting alone at a table for two, drinking wine all by myself. I looked up from my nearly empty glass, spotting a man who was also sitting alone. His eyes caught mine, my eyes quickly darting away.

I swirled around my glass, watching my drink swish in circles against the sides of it. I looked back up, seeing he was looking at me. I smiled at him softly, he smiled back.

He was absolutely handsome. From a distance, I could see he had large, dark eyes, deep brown hair that was gelled back and stood tall; plump, pink lips that had a smirk on them. He wore a suit and bowtie, and he looked dashing.

He held a glass of what looked to be scotch in his hand, sipping it every so often. After analyzing him carefully, I looked to the piano player who began to play another beautiful song.

I finished the last of my wine, looking back at the man. He had finished his drink as well. I flagged down my waiter, yet he ignored me, rushing off to another table.

I sighed, sinking into my seat. The man chuckled at me, his eyes making me want to melt. I licked the corner of my mouth, rolling my eyes.
He flagged someone down with no issue. My mouth hung open.

I saw the seat across from me pull out. I looked up, seeing the man. He looked down at me, smiling warmly.

"May I?" He asked. I nodded quickly, adjusting myself within my seat. He sat before me, peering at me with his dark eyes. He held two glasses of scotch. His eyes made me melt.

He handed me a glass with a smile.
"Hope scotch is okay?" I tucked stray hair behind my ear.

"That's wonderful, thank you. You didn't have to."

He took a sip from the glass, kissing his teeth.

"I wanted to."

We exchanged names, I had never his before. I loved it.
"So," Brendon began, looking over at the piano player. "What's a beautiful lady like yourself doing here all alone?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing," He laughed, his head tilting back.

"My blind dat didn't show." I sighed, tugging on my dress.

"Are you kidding? That's hard to believe," He remarked, running his fingers through his perfect hair. "Well, why are you here by yourself?"

"I come here quite often just for the hell of it. I always come alone and I guess the waiters feel bad for me so they give me free drinks." He chuckled.

I picked my, taking a sip. The burning liquid slid down the back of my throat, causing me to scrunch my nose.
Brendon took a sip too, nodding at me. "Is this your first time here?"