Chapter six

Scarlett's POV

I wake up with River's arm wrapped around my shoulder. I smile and stare at him. He looks so cute when he sleeps. His hair is all messed up. All the memories flood into my mind. I squeeze my eyes closed to make them stop.

"What's wrong?" River ask.

"Last night," I say.

It registers into his mind and he nods. He gets up and comes back with some Motrin and water. I take it.

"Thank you," I say.

"Get ready. We are going to go somewhere."

"Where are we going."

"I'm not telling."

I frown. As I stand up I can feel some pain from last night. I take a deep breath. I get ready. We walk to the car. It is quiet for most of the ride.

~4 hours later~

We finally arrive at the place. I look around and we are at the mall. I look at River. We get out of the car and start walking to the entrance. River grabs my hand and I don't pull away.

We start walking through the mall.

"Stay here I'll be right back," River says.

I stand in the middle of the mall, not seeing where he went.

Five minutes later River came back with a bag. I can't tell what's in it. We go into JC Penny and I buy three outfits so I have different clothes. I could make a run for it because there are a lot of people around, but I have a feeling he would catch me and then I would have no privileges at his house. I didn't want to be tied to the bed, so I just kept walking. We mostly just walk around. After we are done we head to the food court. I see one of my friends from a camp I went to. She was from a different state so I don't think she knows I'm missing. She walks over to me. Her name is Cecilia.

"Hi," Cecilia says.

"Hey," I say back.

"Who are you here with?" I ask.

"My boyfriend Jase," she says calmly.

I looked at her like she was crazy. She's dating my ex. I don't care but we were best friends at camp.

"Cool, well I have to go, talk to you later bye," I say quickly. I don't need Jase to see me, he knows I'm missing. I walk back towards River.

Jase starts walking over. He sees me and he just stares. Just as I was about to run over to River, Jase grabs my arm.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jase asks with a grin.

"Not with you," I spat out angrily.

"Scarlett, I know you were kidnapped," Jase say quietly.

"No, I escaped, which is why I'm at the mall," I say.

"You're lying."

"No I'm not! I have to go back to a friend of my mom's son. I'll see you at school tomorrow."

He let go of me and I ran over to River. I grab his hand and start running out of the mall to his car.

We jump in the car and start driving.

"What happened," River asks.

"He said that I was kidnapped and I said no I'm with a friend of my mom's son, and then he let go of me and I ran over to you." I say quickly. "Obviously he didn't believe my story so he's probably going to call the police."

River nods and keeps driving.

Jase's POV

"We should leave," I say.