chpt 5

The three of us woke up before sunrise. We tiptoed down the latter stealthily. We reached the first floor when I heard the latter Creek. I turned and saw Marco coming down.

"Marco what are you doing!?"I hissed.

"I want to come with you. I'm not going to put up with the Capitol any longer! " Marco answered while smiling.

"Marco, I wish you could come. But this is dangerous. Flora, April, and I are wanted. I don't recommend staying with us." I sighed.

"To bad I'm coming I already wrote a note to my parents." Marco protested.

"No. Marco go back upstairs." Flora ordered. Marco looked hurt and nodded then crept back upstairs.

---

We walked through the first unknown of our next destination. I heard branches fall and break.

"Stop. Something is following us. " April whispered. I drew my trident and had it ready to fight. April knocked an arrow and Flora held her throwing knives tightly. I saw a small figure fall from a tree.

"Marco!" We yelled. The three of us rushed to his aid. Marco stood easily.

"So. You did miss me huh?" Marco smirked.

"shut up." I laughed.

"Marco. Now that you're out here. Do you have weapons? Its to late for you to turn back." Flora asked.

"Yeah. See" Marco held out a menacing looking dagger and had a coil of rope tied to his belt.

"Alright come on. If we stay out here to long we're dead." April urged. The four of us ran through the woods. Marco easily keeping up in our fast tracks. I was glad Marco was with us it felt like a mix between Toby and Beth.

Two lost friends that didn't deserve to die. I remembered April's brother right then. He died in the Hunger Games too. April would of died for him. But then he was killed. My chest tightened as we jogged. Not from cramps but emotions. I swallowed back tears and ran on.