l i n k

"Go to sleep, Mia," her mother whispered, kissing her head.
"You have a big day tomorrow." she said as she stood up.
"It's my birthday!" The little girl squeaked, her blue orbs gleamed in the tiny night lamp beside her bed.
Her mother chuckled.

"It indeed is," her mother smiled. She turned to leave the bedroom when her daughter called out to her.
"Yes?" she asked, turning around. "It isn't my real birthday, is it?" The little girl asked her mother with a tiny frown on her innocent face. Her mother sighed, a crease forming on her forehead.

"Well, I'm sorry, but no, love.
We'll never know when your birthday is but we'll continue celebrating it on the day daddy and I adopted you." Her mother explained. The little girl, Mia's chin wobbled as she stared up at her mother until a thought struck her tiny mind.

"My birthday could be today?!" She asked her mother who smiled at her childish thought. "Well why not, it could be."
The little girl grinned snuggling into her bed. "Goodnight Mia, and Happy Birthday." her mother whispered.
"Goodnight mumma."

She heard her mother's footsteps leave the room. The bedroom door creaked shut and her mother walked down the stairs, her mind set on snuggling in the arms of her husband and fall into a deep slumber.
It had been a rather tough day for she had tried to finish all the preparations required for her daughter's birthday.

Her daughter.
She smiled thinking about all the happiness this little four year old had brought into their lives and would bring forever.

Meanwhile, little Mia struggled to sleep. The excitement for her birthday had consumed her little mind. She couldn't even imagine all the things her parents had planned for the next day.
A smile etched on her face, she shuffled on her bed, trying to push all her thoughts away. She shut her eyes when she heard them again. Soft distant whispers.

She didn't understand what they said. Sometimes they spoke another language. Some of the voices were strong, rather authoritive while some were low and feminine.

She loved to hear these voices. They somehow eased her mind. She was comforted and felt at hearing them.

Then she heard that one voice, the loudest whisper. She heard it every single night. Sometimes even in her dreams. The voice was smooth like honey and little Mia often found herself smiling. She felt love and she longed to hear it every night.

"Goodnight my beautiful little wolf."

And little Mia was soon asleep.

~~~~

Hello lovelies!

This it my first ever (no actually this is my fifth draft) Werewolf book! I hope you guys like it!
I would love support from readers through votes and comments.

If any of you guys are good at making cover please do send. I'm horribly horrible at them.

There might be crazy grammatical errors, apologies Nazis. Y'all can always help me out.

Till then keep laughing, loving and reading!

For now,

-H

puralupus_pack