Lust in Bloom: The colour red

I raised my hand and knocked once b4 entering Tsunade's office. "Sakura, good just in time," Tsunade said, visibly tense. "what is it you wanted to talk about Tsunade-sama?" I asked sensing that I wasn't going to like this. "I'll get to the point. Konoha recently got a very bad review in the regions magazine 'wanderlust' the top magazine for young backpackers. They said whilst Konoha had many great points to enlist including being a ninja village, to the Hokage mountain, to our weather, hot springs, and food places like ichiramen's famous 'diet ramen'..

"that doesn't sound like a bad review to me" I interrupted. Tsunade gave me the look and continued..

"As I was saying, they then proceeded to the part of saying, however, Konoha is lacking in youth entertainment. And despite its largeness, seems to be too quiet and traditional, for a backpacker to truly let loose and experience summer love."

"I see Tsunade-sama" they do have a point I thought. I mean for such a large city, and a ninja city at that, there wasn't much to do. With easy shock factor to the civilians. I mean look at how they responded to Naruto.

"but, why are you so worried about one bad review?" Tsunade sighed. "usually, I wouldn't, but our tourism industry has considerably declined. This has weakened our economy. Besides, they're right. I who has travelled to many cities will admit that Konoha is boring--- that's why I have decided to use my vast knowledge and the fact that we're a ninja village to our advantage" she had a conniving look upon her face.

"so I've decided to put some plans into place. first off, I will section off a part of the city for this new youth hot spot. This will include, a nightclub, another bar, a gay bar, a casino, an erotic dance club, a hostess club, a karaoke place, hotel in between the hot springs and the lake, with a pool included. Another restaurant, another one of those bookstores that sell icha icha paradise, a café, some speciality stores showcasing Konoha's delicacies. And last but not least, a shopping complex with all "new age stuff" such as fashion and lingerie." she looked at me for my reaction. And I was blushing, to say the least, I mean some of those things were so... racy. Which only exceeded my feeling of dread.

"wow, Tsunade-sama, that's quite a lot. and some of those things are quite..."

"I know. But I think Konoha could use the shake-up"

"something tells me that's not the end of it but" I stared at her. I don't hold back with Tsunade.

"your right, my big hook is to use the fact that we are a ninja village. It came to my attention, from what Jiraiya said; That we are home to many beautiful ninja. So, with further thought I believe starting our very own playboy and playgirl magazine, it will be a double one that you can flip a different way. Featuring, only ninja and target audience both civilians and shinobi."

what?! a shinobi playboy? like a shinobi icha icha paradise!?! I blushed, my stomach plummeting. she wants me in it, doesn't she?

"w-who would volunteer for such a thing but?"

"that's the thing sakura, I've decided to make it a mission, and each eligible ninja will be assigned as the cover girl/guy. with other ninja as journalists."

"so, does this mean you're assigning me Tsunade-sama?!" I half shouted half squeaked.

"calm down sakura! no, not at first at least... I know you, and the Hyuga girl is shyer. And I'll let you guys come around to that. But what I'm saying is that you will eventually be asked"

"what about you Tsunade?"

"Unfortunately, Shizune pointed out that as their Hokage I need to lead by example. So for the first playgirl issue, I will be the cover girl" she grimaced.