Chapter 4

Music was pounding, and I was dancing. But I was also looking for Grant. It seemed like days since I last saw him but it had only been two or three hours. He was late.

I was thinking to myself that I was so stupid to believe he would come. Why would he. I could feel the tears coming to my eyes when I could make out his hair.

He stepped up to me wrapped his arms around me and danced rhythmically to the song. "I told you I would come"

"Haha I wasn't worried", but I was.

"Well then...", he said stepping back with his hand clutching his heart. But the smile on his face told me he was only joking.

"Well" he said after a few songs, "why don't we ditch this place for a stroll along the lake?"

"Hmm .. Oh ok." I said not wanting to leave his arms.

>Grant

We were slowly walking along the lake when she asked me to take her home. I was shocked. "But I thought you weren't like that"I said jokingly.

"I'm not dummy I'm just getting tired" she said.

"well I'll drive." I said knowing I would have to pick her up again to get her car.

As we drove I glanced over to find her sleeping peacefully. So I had to ruin it. We were on a road that nobody used so I started steering the car the way you would expect a roller coaster ride to be.

She woke up with a start her hands clutching the seats for dear life. It made me laugh out loud. She punched me playfully in the arm and called me a few choice names.

A few minutes later we were on her doorstep. " I hope you had fun with me today." I said.

"Ya to bad we can't do this again" she said.

"I know", I said there was a long pause before we even looked at each other. So I took her hands in mine and kissed her. The next thing I knew I was headed for my car not letting myself look at her because I knew the look on her face would start the waterworks.