Chapter 1

"Kayla...." I hear my mom calling my name to wake me up. I toss and turn in my bed, not wanting to leave the soft, comfortable sheets. 

     "Ugggggh...... Five more minutes please." I moan 

      "No, now." my mom says to me. "The plane to Florida is leaving in two hours so get off your lazy butt, get up and get dressed." Mom says bitterly.

        I slowly roll out of bed and take a shower. After my shower I text my boyfriend, Jack ,    *Good morning sunshine (: I'm leaving in an hour. Are you gonna say goodbye to me?* I get a response seconds later,     *On my way!! Don't leave without a kiss from you true love. (: *  

     This was my first summer being away from Jack. We had been dating for three years (four in August!!!) and I was really sad to leave him. I am going to go play soccer for the elite Co-Ed team down in Florida. I am super excited about that but, not about having to leave Jack.

        I walk downstairs sliding an old soccer jersey over my head.  My mom has made me my favorite breakfast, pancakes with chocolate chips and bananas. Yum. 

         After breakfast I would normally help my mom clean the kitchen. But today I had to leave. I texted Jack and asked him where he was. He said that he had a surprise for me and to meet him at the airport.