Way The Waves Chose

Waves crashed upon the cruise ship sounding a beautiful ambiance for the setting.

Roronoa Zoro, a talented person with excelling skill in swordplay, was aboard the cruise ship on a long needed vacation along with his boyfriend. His name was Sanji - who chose not to mention his last name, which in turn, didn't make a difference to the swordsman. Sanji needed a vacation from his work as a chef, one many would travel the country for, just to taste a sample of the food he would cook.

Along with the two was Zoro's teacher in the art of the sword, which at this point, could also be considered his other father, seeing as Dracule Mihawk would watch over him as one. He was watching over his "son" while also having his own vacation.

"Oi, swirly brows, the blue of the ocean reminds me of you." Told by swordsman, jokingly with the nickname, staring off into the ocean with his cook lover by his side. The blue did in fact remind him of his lover. The colour looked amazing on him, being the cook's favourite colour.

"Chh," Sanji playfully punched his lover. " The colour of moss reminds me of you, moss head." His reasoning was just as such as Zoro's was. In fact Zoro's favourite colour was green, not to mention how much hotter he'd seem when wearing the colour.

From behind they both could hear footsteps walking in their direction. They turned their heads, almost in synch, looking to find Mihawk behind them with his menacing eyes as if having seen them boring inside a person's soul. The man with hawk eyes seemed like such a scary man who can have a 'thoughtful' heart yet, some swear up and down he's pure evil.

"We'll be docking soon, if you two didn't already know." Monotone words seemed to speak themselves; the vacation is coming to an end. When it's time for it to be over the two lovers will have to work countless hours, barely ever seeing each other again until they can snatch another vacation at the same time. Work is one thing that can separate two people and without work... there ends up being no shelter, food, and all such bills. Zoro's involves him traveling to various tournaments across the globe, while Sanji is cooped up in the kitchen to cook for hours on end.

The boat now pulled into the dock, the couple dreading the separation that now lurked ahead of them, the dreadfulness of leaving one another.

Lugging their suitcases behind them, the three left from their vacation on the boat towards the vehicle in which another child in Mihawk's care, Perona, came to pick them up. She wasn't a swordsman like Mihawk or Zoro, though she did have something that made her unique in her own manner. She was psychic, or at least claimed to be.

    "I guess it's time to go, isn't it Z-" Zoro quickly yanked Sanji's arm and ran away into the forest that grew alongside the river, pouring into the ocean, going through the hilly  terrain.

Sanji was worried what had come over his boyfriend, yet he wasn't resilient. He had full trust in him. Regardless of the fights they always had, he had full trust in him most of the time. The one thing not to trust was if he was going to go somewhere specific. The poor swordsman was terrible with direction - a map wouldn't help his troubles, if he could even read one.

Running through the forest finally led to an open plane with the rushing waters on the river then suddenly the swordsman came to an abrupt stop. Slowly going down to the ground unable to stop panting and now sitting.

"Is everything okay Zoro?" Wonder coming from the cook.

"Yah, I just... didn't want to leave you yet." Said when finally calming himself down, regaining his breath. The comment made the cook happy, yet he couldn't accept it.

"Your upcoming tournament is more important than that. Yes, I would love to spend more time together. I just can't... nor can you." The cook said sadly, letting a frown show from his words. The swordsman took in every one of his words, waiting for his turn so he could respond.

"I'd give that up for you. I just want to be together forever." He took a second to look at his lover sighing at the frown he wore. "Don't frown, it doesn't suit your handsome face, yah know." Before letting Sanji get any words out, the swordsman spoke again. "While I'm already on the ground... Well, it's now or never."

Sanji was confused by the words his lover spoke. He was about to speak up, but it was already too late. The swordsman got up half way off of the ground then onto one of his knees taking out a small box.

"So you wanna get married?" It was quite different, usually a person would say 'will you marry me?' Yet this is Zoro. Sanji stood shocked, unable to say anything.

With the anticipation Zoro felt his face starting to heat up wondering what took his boyfriend so long to speak up.

Without much warning Sanji jumped down onto Zoro, giving him a passionate kiss, which came to the swordsman's surprise. Breaking the kiss Sanji plainly said yes, only for this time Zoro to kiss him.

To their surprise off in the distance stood Mihawk crossing his arms. He'd watched the entire scene. Although when they started to kiss he started taking his leave. Walking away, he told himself that Sanji better be good to his 'son'. He started to grin the more he walked away - daddy Mihawk does care.

When Mihawk arrived at the car where Perona stood, waiting for the return of the three, she came to find the one who went searching for the lovers was the only to come back. Perona had asked where they were, yet the only answer she received was, "He's not going to the tournament." The man sure does act different when alone than with others.

At the very least the lovers got the opportunity to see each other longer.

The End.