One-Shot Contest Entry

(One-Shot contest Entry)

Gabby placed the veil on top of my head. The beautiful jewels on the veil glistened. I smiled warmly as she took a step back to examine me. I stood up, did a little a twirl, then smiled.

"You look amazing, Ember" she said, her facial expression blank, almost like she was hypnotized by the lace and jewels covering my body. My dress was long, with little patches of lace, that formed into a beautiful flower, and traced with jewels.

"Today is the day" I smiled, letting out a nervous breath. Gabby crossed her arms and tilted her head, eyebrows raised.

"Don't be nervous, Ember. You look beautiful." I smiled. Felicity, Paris, and Gianna soon came in the room. There dresses were a bright orange, with sequins traced down the side.

"Do we make good bridesmaids?" Gianna said, doing a little dance. I chuckled.

"You guys look amazing!"

"Not as amazing as you look, Ember" Paris said, gazing at my hair.

"You straightened your curls, I see?" Felicity said, stepping forward and taking a loose curl and examining it. I nodded and smiled. Gabby left the room for a few minutes then came back with her dress on, holding a bouquet of orange, blue, and purple flowers.

"It's time, Ember" she said, smiling excitedly. I look over at Felicity, Paris, and Gianna. They all smiled. Gabby automatically leaned in for a hug. Soon we were all hugging each other in silence.

"We love you, Ember" Paris said. I began to feel less nervous. Being surrounded by people who truly love you, is such an amazing feeling. I took a deep breath as we all pulled apart. Gianna and Paris held on to the back of my dress while Felicity and Gabby stood beside me. I held on to the bouquet tightly as the doors opened in front of me. The room was filled with so many people. People that I love. The first person I spotted was Hayden's mother, sitting next to mine. They already had tissue boxes on their laps. I let out a quiet chuckle, then began to make my way down the aisle. Corey hooked his arm with mine. I look up at him and smiled. His hair was slicked back and he had a orange bow tie on with a black tuxedo. I love Corey to death, and I'm glad he's okay with me being in love with this bad boy. I took a breath and looked forward. Hayden stood there, his gray eyes glistening. He had an all black tuxedo on, he looked adorable. When he saw me, his face let out a million emotions at once. He gave me a comforting smile that made my heart jump. Before I knew it, I was standing in front of Hayden Cross. My heart flustered just looking at him. It seemed like nobody was here, because when we locked eyes, it was only us. Throughout all these years, who would have thought Hayden Cross was going to be the one I was spending the rest of my life with. He took my hand and held on to it tightly. I could tell he was as nervous as I was. I gave his hand an assuring squeeze and he smiled, and in the moment, I knew in my heart, that Hayden Cross was my first love, and my last. I love Hayden Cross, I can say that loud and proud to anyone. He was the only one who had that opening to my heart, and I could never figure out how he got there. The last words I heard were "I do". I looked up at Hayden as he spoke those two words so gently. I traced my thumb in circles on his hand. I looked at his soft gray eyes, and spoke those two words.

"I do"

"You may now kiss the bride". Those words swept pass my head as Hayden lifted up my veil to reveal my face that was hidden behind the lace and jewels. I took a glance at Gabby, Gianna, Paris, Felicity and Corey. They all smiled while Gabby held Gianna's hand tightly. I looked back up to Hayden. Our eyes locked, and before I knew it, our lips met and my heart jumped. It was like a symphony. Everyone began to clap, but the clapping blurried out from my hearing. As soon as we pulled apart, I whispered silently,

"Hayden, I love you"

"I love you too, Emmy" I silently chuckled. He smiled and we both stood there, lost in the lust of love.