Innocent To Guilty

.:001:.

'Guilty'

That one word that crushed my freedom.

Guilty for something I didn't do, something I wasn't planning to do.

But that bastard deserved what he got.

'I was awoken by soft cries from the bedroom next door. Sitting up straight, I rubbed the sleep from eyes, letting out a soft yawn. As the cries continued, I realized it was coming from my sister, Rosa's room. Throwing the covers off my body, I quickly made my way to her room, where the cries gradually got louder and clearer with sounds of someone struggling.

Opening the door quietly, I couldn't believe the horrific scene that was playing before me. Laid in bed was my sister, trapped underneath my Step-Father, Sean, who was trying to take her clothes, her arms pinned above her head. Her face soaked with tears

"Come on girl, you're sister won't give it to me and now am here. You can blame her for this", he said to her, unaware of my presence.

Waves of anger consumed me as I watched the scene. Without thinking, I grabbed the closest item next to me, which was a glass lamp and smashed it over his head, knocking him unconscious. Causing him to lay slumped over Rosa crushing her by his weight. I pulled him off her unto the floor, before embracing Rosa in a tight hug as she cried hysterically, soaking my top while I tried to soothe her and soon finding myself crying with her

"It's okay. It's gonna be okay", '

Now looking back I was going to jail for saving my little sister from being raped. If my mother wasn't blinded my money, all this would have been prevented and now that it was happening, I was always going to hate her for that. But knowing that Rosa was safe from him now, it will keep my mind at rest.

The rusty iron gates of the prison finally opened, making the bus pass through. I looked over my shoulder, I saw the gates closing. Closing any ounce of freedom. I was closed away from my family and my friends. I silent tear rolled down my cheek before quickly wiped it away.

I stared out the window as the bus drove through the prison yard, my eyes were met by prisoners dressed in orange outside the prison with there stares and smirks. I inched away from the window, shifting uncomfortable in my seat.

Suddenly the bus came to an abrupt stop, causing me to jerk forward. "Alright. Move Ladies!", one of the police officers barked, who had escorted us here. I slowly arose from my seat, forming a line with the other new prisoners heading towards the bus' open doors before walking down the steps of the bus.

The shackles around my ankles weighed like a ton, which made me feel like a moving cage as I tried to catch up with the rest of new prisoners in front. As we walked past the courtyard toward the building, a chorus of whistle erupted from the other prisoners as they stood there, watching us walk by.

Stares and cruel eyes gawked at us as we were led towards inspection area, passing a series of prison cells. It's occupants rose or moved forward towards the metal bars to get a better look or throw insulting remarks at us, which is why I kept my eyes straight ahead, avoiding any eye contact.

My heart started to pick up against my chest as we came close to the room, we were going to be inspected for any illegal and unacceptable material, we might have with us.