A Haunted House (Jalex Oneshot)

"But, Jacky." Alex whined. "I'm scared." Jack laughed and threw his arm around his boyfriend's shoulders, leaning against the car. "It'll be alright, Lex. I won't let any of the monsters hurt you." Jack joked. The older boy gave a stiff laugh. "Very funny." Jack quickly stepped in front of Alex, blocking his view of the haunted house. He put one hand on each of Alex's shoulders and looked him in the eyes. "Lex. I just want you to know, that seriously, as long as I am with you, no one will hurt you." Alex smiled, his heart beating faster. He took Jack's hands off his shoulders and placed them lightly on his hips. Jack pulled Alex closer, the shorter boy burying his face in Jack's chest.

"Thank you." Alex said after a while. Jack's thumb slowly circled on Alex's back. "It's alright, babe." Alex suddenly cringed, sensing the eyes of others burning into his back. "I think we should get in line now. People are starting to stare." He said sheepishly, looking up into Jack's chocolate brown eyes. Jack placed a quick peck on Alex's nose and pulled away from his embrace. Still scared, Alex reached for Jack's hand. Their fingers entwined as they set off towards the line together. "You still afraid, Lexy?" Jack asked, moving his thumb in slow circles on Alex's hand. Alex gave a quick nod. Even in the dark, Jack could see the fear in his eyes. Jack let go of Alex's hand, and snaked his arm around the boy's waist. "It'll be okay. I've got you." He whispered, just loud enough that Alex could hear him.

After quite a bit of waiting, it was finally the boys' turn to go in. Alex tensed up, making Jack tighten his grip on him. "Ready?" Jack asked. Alex stared at his boyfriend. "Nope." He replied. Jack laughed as they began their way into the haunt. "I didn't think so." He chuckled, pressing a kiss into Alex's hair.