Run Bad Boy Run (One Shot Contest)

Six years later:

I open my eyes to see Hayden's eyes staring back at mine, a slow smile creeping on his face.

"Happy birthday Emmy," he tells me and wraps his arm around my waist. The sun rays dance across his bright grey eyes, making them seem brighter.

My sleepy frown turns into a Cheshire cat grin.

"Thanks," I tell him and snuggle closer to him, laying my head into the crook of his neck.

Four letter word, but I don't have the guts to say it,

Smile 'til it hurts, let's not make it complicated,

We've got a story, and I'm about to change the ending

You're perfect for me...

Hayden groans.

"Tell me again why I let you choose my phone ringtone?" he asks me, peppering kisses along my jaw line and down my neck.

"Mm, it's because you love me," I tell him.

"So very true," he says and I giggle.

I'll be your shelter, I'll be your storm,

I'll make you shiver, I'll keep you warm,

Whatever happens, baby I'm yours

"Okay, I'm up! I'm up!" Hayden mutters and gets up to answer his phone.

"Yeah?" he talks into the receiver and turns his back to me.

"That's great, yes Melody I'll pick you up and drive you to work. Okay, see you, bye."

He turned to face me and I raised an eyebrow in question.

"Melody wants me to drive her to work since her car broke down aand I'll probably be back in an hour tops," he informs me.

Melody, his cousin, decided to move down here about a year ago and she now lives in an apartment with her boyfriend Simon. Her and I have gotten along well, mainly her telling me some of Hayden's embarrassing childhood stories.

Hayden walks towards our closet and starts to get dressed.

After we graduated high school, Hayden and I decided to move in together. My mother had a fit about moving out of the house, but then changed her mind and finally saw that one day she would see me move out, and that was the day. It was tough with all the work we had to do, but at the end all that work payed off. We live in a two bedroom apartment, and I have to say that I'm pretty satisfied with where I am today.

Sure our love didn't start off as us being friends, but that was all in the past and all I'm looking forward is to having a future, with Hayden.

"Why are you smiling like that?" Hayden asks me curiously.

"Like what?" I ask. I didn't know I was smiling until Hayden pointed it out, and by the feel of the smile, I probably look like a mad person.

"Like if you're the happiest girl in the world."

"That's because I probably am the happiest girl in the world," I tell him.

"Yeah? And why is that?" he says as he wraps his hands around my waist.

"Because I have you," I tell him as he starts to kiss me passionately.

He chuckles and continues kissing me.

"Bad boy, I swear if you don't stop kissing me, I will have to take you here and now and not let go," I inform him with a smile.

"What if I'd rather do that instead?" he says softly biting my soft spot on my neck.