Part One: Jason's P.O.V.

It was a chilly November day, and the wind outside was starting to pick up, The breeze nipped at my nose and finger tips. I didn't care about the coldness though, walking a mile or two every day was good, and plus I just enlisted into the United States Army. I was 19 years old and ready to serve.

A few feet in front of me walked a short girl. Her short dirty blonde hair blew in the wind. I wouldn't have payed any attention to her, but something was rather odd. She wasn't wearing a jacket. All she wore were skinny jeans and a purple shirt. Her neck was bent down and she stared at the sidewalk as she walked. This girl looked really depressed. Before I could say anything, her head popped up.

A man was approaching. He was in his early twenties with a brown beard and black sunglasses. The man had a black jacket on and his hands in his pockets. The girl stopped inches from him.

She and the man held hands and continued walking ahead of me until they turned down another street. Alright, nothing too crazy. Just a girl waiting for her boyfriend.

I continued to walk down the street, disregarding the girl and the man...

Their ages...

That girl looked 17, maybe she was older. I don't know.

As I passed the street they went down, I heard the man yelling.

"Shut the fuck up!"

I cocked my head and saw the man smash the girl's face into a wall.

Should I go help? Maybe I should call the cops...

Don't be a hero...

I found myself sprinting down the street.

The girl was lying in the street, her face bloody and bruised.

My fist flew through the airt and smashed into the man's face. His back collided with the wall. Punch after punch I shoved my fist into his ribs. He fell to the ground.

I quickly pulled out my cellphone and dialed 9-1-1.

"I need the police. There's been an attack..."

"Where are you?" The operator asked.

"I am..." 

The phone flew to the ground, and the screen cracked. Right next to me stood a teenage boy. His hair as fiery as his anger. He punched me in the face.

"Don't touch my sister!"

HIs fist hit my nose, and warm blood began to trickle down my face. 

"I was helping her."

The boy ignored me and pushed me to the wall. He attempted to punch me again, but hit into the wall inside. He screamed in pain.

"Look, I didn't touch you're sister." I repeated. "I was trying to help."

"Liar!" He charged at me.

I spun the angry ginger around and put him into a rear naked choke.

"You need to calm down."

He kicked and squirmed for a minute, before losing his strength.

"Put you're hands up!" A cop yelled.

I dropped the boy and did as I was told.

Four cops were circled around us with their guns out.

I told the cops my side of the story over and over. I didn't belong here. I just enlisted in the Army. I was a hero not a crook. I repeated the same story for days.