Chapter 1

"Alyssa, you have everything I could ask for and more. You're boyfriend is amazing, you're parents let you do practically anything, and you're super popular. I wish I had your life," Lindsey said, baffled. What she said was all wrong. What she didn't know it that my boyfriend Ryan and I had a serious fight last night and that our relationship is hanging by a thread.
If only she knew what was really going on. I wish I knew what was going on. Apparently Ryan only asked me out as a bet and that he got $50 off me. It makes me wonder what other lies I was told.
       Life is strange that way. You don't know if you're on top of the world or at the bottom of crap hole. Like Taylor Swift said, a nightmare dressed like a daydream.
       "Alyssa, you okay?" my head shot up, pulled out of my sulking. "You spaced out there for a while. Everything okay?"
       "Oh yeah, just remembering my amazing date last night with Ryan." the lie flowed out of my mouth like water out of a faucet. Lying became easy after all the crap I've been through, but I have a feeling those lies are like an ice burg, the tip is just the beginning to a huge freaking crap ton of ice. But hey, life isn't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep going on. Right?
Boy was I wrong, yeah life can hit you hard and keep at your knees but nobody hasn't gotten up from one of those beatings. I should know. After finding out my parents are complete frauds, I find out about my boyfriend. My back story is so messed up, and nobody should know about that crap. Thank goodness the world invited the word fake because that's exactly what would describe me. My whole life was fake smiles and lies.
Trying to be happy when life at home is all crap. My parents look good in front of others, but God forbid they act like that when nobody is around. Beating is a specialty for them. Might as well wear a shirt that says Beat Me and come home with open arms.
Ryan was the only one who figured it out. After my dad hyperextended my leg he saw me limping out of my house. He didn't believe the story that I fell down the stairs. Ryan wouldn't stop questioning me until I told him the truth. He held me all night while I told him how my whole life was a shame. If we break up that will probably be the first thing he tells his friends.

Sitting in Art Class, I realized everyone saw me as a super popular, friendly, happy girl. I wish they knew every thing they thought they knew was wrong. My life should be a comedy show. All laughs and giggles. Man, life really can give you a beating. I wish I had a view from the good side of life, not the hole I'm slowly sinking into.

*Author's Note*
Hey, this is just the beginning. I don't know how good it is, or if I'll keep writing it. But hey, it's as good as you interpret it