Chap 1

Tears roll down my cheeks as I gaze into the mirror. There is nothing more I want than to break my reflection to pieces. Ugly. That's one word to describe me. Puffy red eyes, wild dark hair and tear stained cheeks, far from beautiful, far from perfect. I wish I were dead. I watch the red eyed freak in the mirror have an anxiety attack. I look like I belong in a mental asylum.

I'm exhausted. My breath hitches in my throat as I let hoarse sobs echo through the bathroom. I sink into the hard light blue tiles. they feel cold and hard, like my aching heart. I know I have to get out soon but I don't want to. I wish I could stay here all day, alone.

I get back up. My chubby hands hurt as I press them harder and harder on the sides of the sink. I want to get away, to break away and start a new life somewhere far away, but I know deep inside that it's unlikely to happen.Where would I go? What would I do?I think about it everyday, but I'm probably not going to turn that into a reality.

Trying to calm myself down, I take in deep breaths.Its a trick that always works. Washing my eyes with water from the sink, I feel no better, but my reflection changes dramatically. Gone is the weeping girl who was sobbing helplessly, replaced with a girl who is mostly cheerful.....her laugh is the most common of sounds. You couldn't possibly notice how broken she felt inside.That's the beauty of it, even though it kills me inside, I'm fine outside

------------------------------------------------------

My fingers ache as I attack the black and white keys on the piano keyboard.A sweet melody fills the room and I smile slightly.Finally!

"Zoe, Stop... it sounds horrible." My stepmother screeches from the far end of the room. So much for perfecting that-"Go do something useful, like exercise or chores. Pick up these plates.." My smile fades into a frown, as I get up hardheartedly and pick up the plates.My mother is still ranting behind me. Just normal things.

I hum as I push the dishes into the sink. I know I sound absolutely horrible but that doesn't stop me.I guess everyone does that....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rolling around under the thick pink covers super slowly, I gaze out of the window into the darkness. It's creepy, no joke. I get up extremely slowly, trying to stop it from croaking. The bed still creaks painfully. I gaze back at my stepmum, who is asleep. I'm not allowed to have my own bedroom because privacy would apparently spoil me.I have no idea why or how, but it just would.

I quietly walk out of the room and into the kitchen for a glass of water. My throat is really dry.

I turn towards the fridge in the pitch dark room. My mother would wake up and be mad at me if I open the lights. This wouldn't be the first time. I've grown used to the dark at this point, but the dark shadows still creep me out.

I gaze outside the window. There's a light that's swirling around outside. What was that... a flashlight?My heart beat accelerates....Is someone there?

I start taking steps towards the window, although my conscience is trying to stop me. I feel my heart hammering in my chest as I slowly walk towards the window. All the horror movies I've seen and horror stories I've ever read come flooding into my mind.

I peer out, squinting my eyes in a unsuccessful try to look at the source of the light. All of a sudden, it shines directly on my face and eyes.

I yelp, walking backwards and stumbling over a pile of cloth behind me. There was a loud crash and before I knew it, a whole coat hanger fell on  top of me.Ouch.

Before I could get up, the lights switched on. Was that the flashlight guy?

"You....Zoe? What are you doing here? Do you know what the coat stand was worth...or what time it is? Can't I sleep for one night?" My stepmother started screaming. Yup, the coat hanger is expensive, but its much heavier than anything which has ever fell on me too.

I sneak out a glance at the window as stepmother rants on about me being an inconsiderate brat.....The light was gone, but I could see a shadow peering inside from the window.

"What are you looking at?" A screech shatters my train of thought.

"There's someone outside..." I whisper

My mother looks out, but the shadow has disappeared. I don't know whether that was my imagination, I am quite sleep deprived.

"Nonsense." My mum mumbles before walking out. I look back at the window. It's just my imagination. Deep inside, I know I'm just kidding myself. I know I saw someone there.

Yayyy, new book....I plan to update really frequently...please tell me what you think about it.