Chap 2

My eyes ache as they flutter open into the sunlight streaming through my window. I stretched my limbs as I stiffly get out of bed. It's something I do whenever I get out of bed, it helps with sore limbs. I can smell extremely strong perfume around me- Stepmums 'Puree Deville', She only wears it while going out.

I look around the house for her. She's nowhere to be seen.I feel a spark of hope explode in my chest.

At last, I find a note T.V saying 'Gone to a meeting, will be back late'.

I can't help but allow the smile tugging at my lips to turn into a full grin. It's rare that  (step) mum goes anywhere, so I'm not going to waste a minute of it. The strong smell of perfume tells me that she just left. This is perfect.

After brushing my teeth and doing all the normal morning things, I settle down comfortably on the sofa . I start to watch a few Youtube videos. I can't do this in front of mother because I always got scolded for being a couch potato, and mother threatens to throw my laptop away or hide it, or just break it into pieces... and I can't let that happen. It's the only thing that keeps me going.

As I try to decide what to would watch next, my gaze falls on the window. I recall all the events of the past night. Was that real, or was my imagination playing with me? It was probably real. It felt real

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're such a fat cow, you should go exercise...but all you do is eat,eat,eat!" My mother yells, throwing a glass full of water onto the ground. She picks up a plate and throws it right at me, I duck right in time, narrowly missing it.The broken fragments rain on me.

"Guess who I got that from." I mumble under my breath.

"What did you say?"Her face is red....she looks like a monster. That's what she is.......a vicious happiness eating monster.

"Nothing" I mumble. All this started from a simple question,"Where did you go today, mum?".........this was some serious stuff.

My blood is boiling. It's all I could do to not say something back at her. I'm struggling. But I'm not going to waste my breath on her. There's no use making the problem worse than it already is.

"That's it! This is my house! If you dont leave, I will!" She screams, getting up. My blood runs cold. I want to leave. I feel tears fighting their way to my eyes. I hate this. Should I try to stop her?I really don't care whether she goes or not.

I'm too busy pondering, I don't notice that she's already left. When I look up, it's too late to do anything. Tears are pouring down my cheeks. What just happened? 

Deep inside, I knew that this was going to happen anyday, Its a monthly fight thing.

I wish I were dead. I wish I were dead . I wish i were dead. It's better than living like this. I hate this. I always have and always will. Anything is better than this.

I go to the bathroom to wash my face. I look down at my arms and I notice that shard of glass have broken into through my skin from the plate.There are a few cuts on my face too. I struggle as i pull them out one by one. I've always been a wimp when it comes to cuts and blood. If it's someone else's blood, I start coughing really badly, like I'm going to puke.When I'm done cleaning the cuts up, I  I feel empty and broken inside. I decide to go to bed.

I think about locking the door. If mum comes back, how will she get in?

I decide to keep the doors open.........whats the worse that can happen?