We Are Okay

She has to break free. She can't let Roan take her to the Ice Queen. If she stops fighting she gives in the peace of death and she doesn't deserve peace. Her first attempt to break free failed and maybe made things worst because the red color washed away by the river's water, bringing back the yellow of her hair.

Suddenly Roan pushes Clarke down, her back presses on the ground with his body lying on top of her and that how he brings her back from her thoughts.

"Be quiet." he whispers with the dagger pressed to her neck and Clarke can't help but study his sharp face, stopping once again on the Ice Nation scars, the way to recognize them.

She was lost in her thoughts, she doesn't know for how long but they are still in the field with the tall grass. A moment later, Roan grabs the collar of her grounder clothes and pulls her with him in a sitting position, his eyes search the surrounding behind the log they were hiding.

Clarke follows his eyes and sees her second enemy. Three grounders are walking through the thick field but she can't see them clear. They must be grounders... what else can they be so far out here? Clarke thinks before Roan confirms her guess.

"Ice Nation scouts." he whispers and looks back to Clarke. "Come on. I don't have time to fight. We have to go around." he whispers and lowers the dagger from her neck.

'I don't have time to fight' Clarke thinks of his words in repeat, this is my only chance and with that she screams. She screams the best she can with the gag in her mouth and Roan snaps his head up to face her. Anger written all over in his face.

She can't scream very loud but it's loud enough to for the three grounders to hear her. It looks like he wants to punch her but instead he says, "Their deaths are on you."

Clarke waste a second to think about it before Roan pulls a bag over her head and pulls her up on her feet by her tied up hands.

From that moment on she can't see anything but the yellow color of the bag around her head. Roan tugs her with him by the wires around her wrists and they start walking. She can hear grass cracking and moving as they probably nearing the three grounders.

This has to work or I'm dead anyway, she thinks as they make their way to them.

Roan says something in grounder language but Clarke even though she learned a lot the last three months she can't tell what he said. And then he speaks again, stop both of them from walking.

A moment later another voice says something and Clarke catches only the 'Azgeda'. Ice Nation. They take their time to recognize each others clan and then there is a pause where no one talks.

The same grounders from before says something and Roan answers by "Wanheda." and then something else that Clarke didn't hear clear.

With that, she hears a grounder moving towards them and Roan doesn't shift. She doesn't move either. The next moment, the bag is off her head and Clarke lifts her head up, meeting the grounders eyes.

Roan says something, his free hand is raised in front of them for protection and the three grounders talk to each other, they raise their weapons to them. Roan speaks again and then he let go of her.

This is my only chance, Clarke thinks just for a second and then starts running away from all four grounders. She runs as fast as she can and only look over her shoulder once to see if anyone is following her.

One grounder is running behind her and she knows he is not Roan because she sees the fight going on in the background. She runs and runs but she can hear the grounder chasing her getting closer and when she is sure he is about to tackle her to the ground, his body weight crashes her down and doesn't move again.