Glen's feeling

Princess Veronica's wedding with Prince Eugene from Moswick was announced to all the castle.

I wasn't touch by this. I was just thinking on fulfilling my duties as a knight, hoping that the wedding would be a success for the Princess. 
But what I didn't expect was that my brother, Bart and all my comrade would come to cheer me up.
I was surprise to hear that they were even thinking of me having the guts to love the Princess.
She sure was someone dear to me that I vow to protect, but I've never thought of us as a lover.
I had no idea that people was seeing us as that. 
As I told Bart about how I really thought his words put some trouble inside of me, a seed that was going to bloom without me realizing it. His words still resonate in my mind.

"...Say Glen, just because you weren't aware of it, can you really say that.. You and the Princess aren't in love with each other...?"

I was walking in the castle, without realizing my step took me to where the Princess was. From far away I could see her smile as she was appreciating the wind. A warm feeling was taking place inside of me. Next to her, standing almost like he was above all was her husband, Prince Eugene.
Royalty was what... like the sky, so near but far. Above all of us and yet so near of all of us.
Doing as they're pleased. I sighed slowly looking at the Princess. 
"You and the Princess aren't in love with each other...?"

Bart's words rang it my head one more time as my gaze was still on the Princess. My answer to Bart was half for me. What a laugh...  Just what love between a woman and a man is?
I couldn't guess or know it. Princess Veronica was someone I like a lot.
But I couldn't smile, seeing her with Prince Eugene. 
Wind blows slowly my bangs just as it did the same to the Princess.
Veronica-sama is so near, yet so far.

Slowly she turned her head around and as if the wind was telling her that I was here she smiled and waved her hand at me. Prince Eugene turned around as well to look at me.
I remembered my own word that night.
"If the Princess comes here again.. I'll be sure to keep my distance from her."
I smiled to her and bend down greeting her from far away and turned around. Without glancing back I moved to another place. It was for the best. I can't let there be a misunderstanding that we are lovers.
Especially when Prince Eugene is around. I don't want the Princess to be humiliate.
Putting my hand to my heart, I vow one more time to protect here.
"I'm Princess Veronica's knight, I'll protect her with my life."

How did this happen? I don't really know, but only one thing couldn't stop in my mind.
"Protect the Princess!"
Was all I could think as Moswick from the land invade the castle. A lot of my comrade died, their dead bodies couldn't be hide or retrieve, we had to stop the ennemies first.
Magic, sword's sound, explosion, cries there was no in place in the castle where silence could be heard. It was war again, the cold war was here again. What I have lived this day where I should have died was going to happen again. But more than that, I couldn't bear that the Princess was going to live it. This fear, and yet I knew that she was just not the type of Princess to sit down.
All I could do then, was to protect her from death as I will fight for her. 

Bart has fallen. As I clutched his pendant in my hand I ran to where the Princess was.
I knew it now... I need to tell her. I realized it now...
Bart, thank you.

I meet Rida and the Princess in the castle, we were able to retrieve hurt knight and as the Princess was treating him, I just knew that I have to move and clear a path for her. Asking Rida to look after her, I took on my pride and for Bart's sake the vow that this time, I won't lose someone again.

"I want to tell Veronica-sama, that I love her. I have lived thus far, by giving up on a lot of things but that person alone, I cannot give up on."

  We have to meet one more time Princess. No matter what happen to me, I have to tell you.  

If we meet again...

Today too, I need to protect this reckless Princess, even if it's from far away again. This feeling can't be said anymore... Putting my hand on my chest, I sigh slowly as Haruko and Minami turn around waving to me as if the wind tell him that I was behind. 

"I'll protect her again and always."