Chapter 1

(Special shoutout to @/heroes.tommy on IG!)
          Haven had been on Captain Hook's ship for three weeks exact. She was kept under the deck in what she guessed was a storage area. Every day a young boy brought her food and water. The food was disgusting, she threw up a few times while eating it before, and the water tasted stale. One day while the boy was bringing her food, she stood up and gently grabbed onto his arm.

"Am I a prisoner?" She asked softly. "I don't believe I did anything wrong...but I'm being treated like a prisoner..." She looked up at him. His blue eyes (Yes, cabin boy had blue eyes, it said so on his wiki) looked into her grey ones. "No, ain't done nothin' wrong..." He told her. "Actually you've got it better than me."

"I do? What do you mean?" She tilted her head. "You've gotta large space to yourself, and you're guaranteed food e'ry day. I'm just the cabin boy; I sleep in a hammock on deck, and only get food if there's any left." He explained."Oh..." She looked down feeling guilty. "Well then you can have my food. I can go a few days without it." She's been almost a week without food before. "No, miss, I couldn't." "I insist."

"CABIN BOY!" A voice boomed. "I really can't! I-I gotta go!" He handed her the tray of food and dashed up the stairs. Haven could see that he stumbled a few times and was pulled up at the end. The door was latched and Haven sighed, craving fresh air. She went up to the door and leaned against it, listening to what was going on. She heard someone grunting a few times, and the sound of punching. She bit her lip and tried opening the door. The punching sounds stopped and all she could hear was someone breathing hard and gasping for air.

"If you want to spend so much time down there, that's where ya can sleep!" She heard someone yell. The door was unlatched, Haven almost got knocked down from the door opening, the Cabin Boy was pushed down into the underneath of the ship, then the door was locked again. "What happened?" Haven asked him. He shrugged. "I didn't work fast 'nough now they're mad a'me." He told her.

Only then she noticed the blood dripping down his face. "Oh my...what did they do to you?" Haven slowly walked closer to him. "It's just a scratch. I got too close to the captain's left hand."

The boy didn't seem fazed by it. "Why did he cut you?" "It's pretty normal for me. If I don't behave I get beat..." "That's awful!" "It's my life." The cabin boy looked down.

"What's your name?" She asked him. "Cabin boy..." "No, your name." "Well I'm not supposed to be saying it." "I won't tell anyone." He took a deep breath. "It's Damien." He told her. "That's a nice name." She smiled.

"What's your name?" He looked up, rubbing the blood off his face with the sleeve of his yellow jacket. "Haven." She replied. He grinned slightly, he looked almost afraid. "Do you know where we're going? Sorry,  I keep asking questions, but it's not like I can find out for myself..."

"He's takin' you to the queen. If he does that, he'll getta portal to go to WonderLand." He explained. "He takes jobs to complete other jobs. He needs one thing to get to something else, then uses that to finish another job, and so on..."

"The Queen? Regina?.." She started panicking. "Yeah. She directed Hook to get you." Haven escaped the queen's guards while stealing. "No! I can't go there! I'm going to die!" She ran for the door. By reflex Damien reached for his cutlass. "'Ey! Getta-way from there!" He warned. She slowly backed up.

"The captain could come down at any second, you don't wanna be caught near the door." He explained. She nodded and moved further from the door. Damien seemed to relax when Haven was away from the door. "Good."

Sure enough, the door opened suddenly and Hook walked down. The entire time Haven was on the ship, the only person she saw was Damien. Judging by the way the new person held himself with confidence and by the way he glared at Damien, she could easily figure that this was the captain.

"What are you doing down here, boy? This isn't where you belong!" He growled at Damien. Damien opened his mouth a few times but was silent. "I-I was told to stay down here...I took too long with my jobs and-" the captain cut him off by punching his jaw with his metal hook.

He stumbled and tried to regain balance then fell onto the ground. "Back on your feet, boy, and let's go." Hook snarled and Damien scrambled to his feet. Haven watched silently, wanting to help but scared to do so. Hook dragged Damien back above deck. Haven was left alone again in the dark.

Haven fell asleep curled up against a few boxes. It was late and she tired easily. She was only asleep for a short while, the next thing she knew she was being nudged awake by Damien. "Captain wants you above deck." He mumbled. She slowly got up and he held onto her arm. "I'm not going to run."

"Captain's orders." He shrugged. He led her onto the top of the deck and she took a deep breath of fresh air. Well, the air was salty and fishy, but it wasn't murky like below the deck. "Haven..." Hook said and walked over to her. She gulped and then looked up at him. "Yes sir?"
(WHAT DO YOU THINK?! LEAVE SOME FEEDBACK! SHOULD I CONTINUE?!)