Chapter 1.

"Woah... You look gorgeous! Girl, He'll be speechless" Reneé said when she saw me walking out of the bathroom.

"You think?, I mean things between us are a bit too delicate right now" I said looking in the wall mirror fixing my lipstick "Our arguments turn into fights and I- I- don't know what to do... Everything he does is wrong, like he's doing it on purpose to make me mad".

"Totally girl, he's going to forget everything as soon as his eyes land on you" Reneé jumped out of the chair and grabbed her purse.

"Are you even sure he is going?".

"I'm 59% sure which should be enough for you. Ready super sexy bestfriend? By the way, your dress is the cutest thing ever" She said fixing her dress and makeup.

Indeed, my dress was amazing. Navy blue. The skirt was short on the left side but long on the right side showing my left leg and the upper part of the dress were two straps that covered everything that needed to be covered and ended up tied with a bow behind my neck, letting my back completely bare. Was it expensive? Yes. Did I care? No.
"We both know you say that because you have to, after all you chose the dress". I said rolling my eyes and grabbing my phone to take a selfie.

Her dress was long and bright yellow with a bit of jewerly to accentuate her waste. The dress really made her blue eyes and red hair pop.

"Wrong, I say that because it's true, not because I am your bestie" she posed with me for the pictures in the mirror.

"More like beasty" I whispered loud enough for her to hear.

"Hey!" She elbowed me and I laugh a little too hard. "Whatever... We should get going, ready for prom?" She winked at me before going downstairs.

I sighted and checked for last time in the mirror. "Damn you are sexy" I told my self in the mirror; My long and curly brown hair was perfect as my make up and dress, I felt so good and confident that my sun kissed skin was literally glowing (the lotion that I applied earlier had a little bit of glitter). It had been almost two weeks since I felt this way, since the fights with Hayes started.
But I was going to take him back, I made my mind that tonight we were going to get over it and keep going as if nothing happened; we looked so good together and the entire school knew it, but of course it's not like that mattered. Was I in love? That was the real question and Yes was the real answer.
Most of the people describe love as suffering and others like the best thing that ever happened to them but in my expirience it's nothing like that, it's more like a happy feeling, like when you wake up in the morning to find out that your maid didn't forget to leave you hot coffee on your side table.

I was so glad that Reneé agreed to go with me to Prom, she would have gone with a super cute guy but after begging and buying her everything that she wanted, she changed her mind. It's really easy to convince her with a pair of boots and a purse.
Hayes didn't asked me to prom, which was one of the reasons I was mad; he told me he didn't want to go, can you believe that!? I've been preparing myself all the year for this, I was nominated for prom queen, tonight the crown was going to be mine and I wasn't going to miss it.
"Damn it Ky! Hurry up we're an hour late!" Reneé shouted as she got in the car.

I came downstairs as fast as my heels allowed me to and right on the last step I tripped and fell to the ground ripping my dress.

"What the- Oh no..." I stood up and heard two honks outside the house. "Shit!... Shit shit shit... What now?" I started to panic and at the last minute decided to leave it like that 'cause if I tried to fix it I would make it worse.

It's not that bad. I mean you can barely see it right?

"What happened to your dress?". Reneé asked from the car that was like 5 meters away from me.