Chapter 1

Laying her head down on the table, she blew a strand of hair out of her face as she watched the snow slowly fall on the now covered floor.
The last time she enjoyed winter was years ago when she had nothing to worry about. Now, there were exams, bills and part time jobs. She didn't have the opportunity to enjoy it.
A gentle smile was etched  upon her face as she came to the
realisation that it was winter break next week and exams were over.

One less thing to worry about.

The crunching of snow was the only thing she could here for miles as she pulled her sky blue scarf closer to her face. Her lips had turned a dark blue from the twenty minute walk but it did not bother her as much as her aching feet.
As she neared a boring cream coloured building, she fished around in her bag, looking for the pair of keys that would open the old wooden door, which was chipping at the sides.
Making a mental note to fix the door, she pulled out the keys and unlocked it.

The hall ways were covered with old pictures that held many memories. The house was missing something. It felt...

Empty

yeah that's the word. Not that it bothered her. It didn't bother her one bit. She had gotten used the feeling over the pass few years. But she still haven't gotten over the fact that she had lost them. All of them. She longed for the laughter that once filled this house. The sense of safety she once felt and the carefree people she once knew.

A ring was heard from the door, as she poured herself a cup of tea. Setting the floral tea pot down , she got up and strolled to the door. The moon shown brightly through her curtains as as the breeze blew the chimes that hung on the roof of her veranda, which lead her to wonder why someone would come at this our.

Cringing at the squeaking sound the door made, she scanned the place for any sign of people, but stopped when her e/c Tuesday came across a silhouette of a boy, who laid uncomfortably on the steps of the antique house.

what is happening?

She stared intensely at the blonde boy laying in front of her, taking in every single detail.

she watched his chest rise and fall for about a minute. Shaking her head she got up, ready to leave the room, but before she did, covered the shivering boy with a blanket.

Turning around, she made her way to the exit but stopped once she heard a faint voice mumble something barely audible.

Tilting her head lightly to the side, she could see that the boy had woken up and was behind her. His eyes brimming with tears.

"Don't leave...Don't leave me y/n!"

her eyes widened for a second but she smiled at the little boy, reaching out to him, gesturing for him to follow her.

~

She found herself sitting at the side of her bed, bare footed on the cold wooden floor, reading a little note that had dropped from the pocket of the little boy.

"Have fun

                     ~ Uncle Yozoki"

She really did despise that man.