Chapter one

"She's there somewhere"

The voice, so familiar to the girl hiding in the closet.

"But bos-"

Small but intelligent. Always a step ahead.

"LOOK IN WALLS, THE FLOORS... DONT QUESTION ME!" The sound cracks over the phone.

They knew she was smart, of course, why would she hide in a closet? A smart girl like her would hide somewhere more secretive.

"Yes boss"

She normally gets away before they find her. She blames her good friend, Isaac, for providing her with such comfortable plush pillows. She'd have gotten up on time if she wasn't so comfortable.

"Nothing boss, maybe we got the wrong place?"

She smirks; she couldn't believe the stupidity of these people. Fernando needs to recruit some new men.

No answer. Guess old Nando hung up. Time's up boys.

Kicking open the closet doors, she held a pair of 44 Magnum revolvers in each hand. She loved big entrances, always the confident bold one.

She looks at the backs of the four men, having given up, they where leaving.

Hmmpff. My lack of skittles has me not thinking hard. What a clichéd entrance.

Still holding her guns at the men she pondered how to dramatically get their attention.

Briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing briiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing

Her phone rang, disturbing her thoughts.

Damn you Isaac, such bad timing.

The suit clad men turn around, startled.

At least she got their attention.

Holding an annoyed expression, she starts by saying - "Sup?"

The men, still frozen, stare at her undeniable beauty. Rumours of her beauty described her as an innocent pure angel. They weren't wrong.

"I would have thought old Nando train his men better than this"

Finally, breaking free from there state, they went to grab their defence units. The ones her partner grabbed throughout their search.

She was a sneaky one, Valentina, light on her feet; an awesome pick pocketer.

Maybe not all my friends are useless.

Her smirk reappears. The men now wore panicked faces, searching for what to do next. One of the men, the youngest, looks towards the only door in the room.

Obvious much?

Whilst the rest stared at her, the young boy made a run for it. Almost ther-

BANG

Collapsing on the floor, the boy let out a howl whilst grabbing his injured leg.

Tsk, all efforts of cleaning the floor now wasted.

Moving her eyes away from the crying boy on the floor she turns to the three standing in front of her.

"Anyone wanna join him?"

Determination flashes through the eyes of the bulkiest one of the three standing men.

"Natalia, how about a fair fight?"

His throaty voice cracking slightly at the end.

Not as determined as she thought.

"Oh? But life isn't fair.."