Chapter Two

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Tara lay in bed awake, but unmoving. She was thinking about the numerous tests she had today in her college classes, but there was something else engraved in the deep end of her mind. It was Julie, maybe. She was thinking about Julie, under all of the important things she had today. Why would her new friend be in her mind? Tara thought that maybe it was just her taking Julie in. Like trying something new, and Julie was that new thing.

Julie might have been doing the same exact thing as Tara. Thinking. Thinking cleared her mind, and she wasnt giving it up any time soon. Tara was extraordinary in her mind. She was different. Did Julie want to find out why?

Julies roommate, Lea, was out all night, doing god knows what. Yes, Lea was the party animal of the room. Julie always got invited to the numerous college parties, but declined. She couldnt bring herself to get up and go. It wasnt her thing. She wondered if Tara liked doing those things. Maybe she could play Twenty Questions with her or something, to get to know her. She wanted to know Tara, inside and out. Maybe it was weird, but it was Julie enjoyed it. No one else had to approve.

Tara was jolted awake, again. She mustve fallen asleep, for the second time today. The sound of her message ringtone filled the room, Sam not bothered, because she was the heaviest sleeper ever.

She saw the message was sent from Julie.

Text Message from Julie:

Hey Tara! Did you want to hang out later. Yes, after exams of course! I can come over to your dorm, or mine. You know where it is!

Tara felt great about the idea. She did want to get to know Julie better. She texted a quick okay texted and telling her to come over to hers.

Julie was glad she said yes. They scheduled to go to Taras later. She hoped her roommate, Sam, she thought, wouldnt be there. She wanted alone time with Tara.

Both girls hurried to get out of their dorms for the mid-afternoon exams. They both had at least two exams, and it aggravated them. But that was the jist with college. It was what it was.

Tara found herself sitting at a wood desk, taking this History exam, tapping the end of the pen on the edge of the desk. She was almost done, and she took a good breath, because there was only ten minutes left. This was her last test, the whole day consisting of tests. She couldnt wait to just go to the room and relax. Oh, and hang out with Julie of course. Sam was going to a party anyway. Tara really wanted to go, but she wanted Julie more.

Tara turned in her minute the last second, going over the three papers at least three times. She felt relieved. It was good. She hurried out of the corridor and went a few blocks to the familiar building. To her surprise, Julie was already at her door, quietly waiting for the latter.

I got out early. She exclaimed, responding to Taras confusion. Tara took out her keys and unlocked the brown, wooden door.

Sam and Taras dormitory was bright, well half of it was. That was Sams side. She had pastel colors as her theme. Taras was quite the opposite. It was darker colors, but they calmed her. Sam always told her that it didnt mix well with Sams side, but Tara got to the dorm first, so if anything, it was Sams fault. Band posters filled Taras side of the wall, as well as family and friend pictures. She was a pop-punk and rock girl. Sam was the Top 40/ Pop girl. Quite the opposite, but worked well. It was probably how Julie and Tara mixed so well when together.

Julie took everything in. The two sides of the room were quite different, but it didnt bother Julie. They both took a seat on Taras bed. Tara threw herself on it, exaggerating a sigh. Julie giggled in response.