Chapter 1

**********

Jiro Maeda; 22:

New year, new me.

That's the slogan everyone uses as a claim for becoming better individuals.

It's also the slogan that proves just how full of shit people can be. Even Jiro.

The young man always hated thinking. It spoiled the consistency of every action being made in his life.

Most importantly, sex.

11:50 PM

Lynn's on top of him, gyrating her hips fervently as she gives exaggerated groans of pleasure. Her demands are simple and loud.

Go deeper.

Go harder.

She wants too much at one time, yet Jiro's body obliges to her wishes and his hips roll up aggressively to meet hers. Yet in spite of his lustful delirium, his mind is only filled with thoughts of ending it. But seeing how absorbed his lover is in the moment, he can only wonder how he found himself in this position with her. Again.

11:53 PM

The sight of the blonde riding Jiro until his toes curled was not always an unfavorable one. In fact, there was a time where he enjoyed it. Now, the physical tightness of Lynn's sex is the only equivalency to the metaphorical grip she's placed in his life. Every push and tug against his manhood serves as a reminder of her ever-longing desire to stay latched on to him, and in more ways than one.

And to Jiro, it's bullshit.

Lynn never truly understood the concept of having boundaries. Even someone as obnoxious and simple-headed as Jiro found it difficult to take her seriously. The only reason she remains at his side is that she, in every physical sense, is perfection. That attraction is the reason for so many failed attempts to dump her, as the man's hormones will bend to her will before his conscience can deliver.

If that doesn't count, then the easy-going business association between their parents does. Jiro's father, Hanzo Maeda, used to say that "good partnerships make for substantial outcomes."

Jiro turned it into a platonic sexual relationship; the only place he can even physically lay out his regrets.

But Lynn, as one might have guessed, treats this "partnership" as anything but platonic. If the public asks, she deems that they're a couple, and if not stated directly, it's easily implied. If Jiro's friends ask, he nonchalantly states his sexual intentions, and the topic is dismissed.

11:56 PM

Despite these odds, Lynn looks for love (or what she thinks it is) where none exists. Jiro lacks the will to gift her with that emotion, and he has most ardently made that known to her countless times.

Of course, she'd get angry and pretend these rantings never happened for the sake of her image.

That's what it's all about, anyway.

If Lynn left him or vice versa, she'd cause hell for the both of them. And that worries Jiro: If there is an issue that could potentially harm her, whether emotionally or physically, it is never resolved quietly. Although his attitude towards most is uncaring, Jiro's learned what it means to consider how his actions affect not just himself, but his entire family. The business.

No one is an individual. So, he must care to an extent if it means avoiding his father's temper, and his company's failure.

So he has to avoid causing Lynn to make their problems public.