Chapter 5- The Hospital

The loud beeping sound that came from an imminent object woke me up from my deep slumber. I slowly opened my eyes as the sound became louder, making me screech in annoyance. It took me a few seconds to register the peeving sound that resonated in my ears. It was clearly a hospital monitor. I jerked at the sudden realization that I was in a hospital. Having been fully awake, I scanned the room and saw that people have gathered in front of me. In one corner of the room, my eyes widened when I saw a very familiar figure of a man. I was pretty sure that it was Tristan. I blinked for a second then when I opened my eyes, he was gone. Just like that, he was gone again.

I got interrupted when somebody spoke.

"Shanna, dear. Welcome back." Ray spoke enthusiastically.

I rolled my eyes at Ray's sarcastic remark and smiled after identifying the people inside the room. Beside Ray was his mother and sister then next to them were some of my coffeeshop's crew. I got surprised when I saw Luisa, Tristan's mom. God, I missed this woman. It's been a year since I saw her. The brown streaks of hair that fell just below her shoulders two years ago were somewhat replaced with gray white streaks. Luisa lost some weight yet she still looked beautiful as ever.

"Luisa, you're here." It felt good to speak after sometime.

"Yes, darling. As soon as I heard the news from Ray, I quickly made my way here. Thank God, you're safe now. " Luisa being the charmer she is flashed me her beautiful smile.

The huge delivery truck that hit my small car, the commotion, the smell of blood, the pain that struck me, the sirens resonating in my ears then the total darkness. It all hit me like a nuclear bomb exploding.

"How long was I been out?" I asked Ray under my lashes.

"Just one week." Ray shrugged.

"ONE WEEK?! Who the hell sleeps in one week?!" I exclamed earning a gentle chuckle from Luisa.

"You." Ray lunged for me and gave me a comforting hug.

"So I've been a sleeping beauty, huh." I stated, closing my eyes afterwards to thank the heavens above for waking me up.

"Err, morelike a sleeping beast." Ray smirked at me. "Look at you." he added.

I didn't need a mirror to know what I looked like. Heaven knows that I've slept for two weeks so they can't be expecting me to look like a Victoria Secret model who just woke up from a beauty sleep. I sent Ray my sweetest smile whilst brushing my hair with my fingers straightening the curls that have been there for a long time.

"Ready for the big news?" Ray asked me as I struggled to sit out straight.

From a corner, I saw Luisa send a glare to Ray. Then from there, my worries turned into fear.

"Please do tell me that I'll still be alive the next few days." Looking at the worried faces that were intently looking at me, I managed to pull out a smile to hide the turmoil that was inside of me, that was the least thing that I can do for them.

"Let me do all the talking. Ray's taking you off the edge." Luisa in all the ways that she knows spoke to me softly knowing the havoc that have built up inside of me. I heard Ray snicker.

"Shan, honey, the accident wasn't just an accident where you got hit by another car . It was an accident with all capital letters A-C-C-I-D-E-N-T!! God, I hate that word. You were hit by a really big stupid truck with a stupid driver that you and your car got thrown upside down. You know, like the scenes in movies but this time it was real. " She paused then took a good amount of breath. My heart was beating fast against my chest like it was just waiting for the right time to explode.