Hibangers

"Girl, utang na loob, bawas bawasan mo ang pagdo-droga. Nahuli ka tuloy na nangangarap ng gising."

"Hoy, sinong nagsabing nangangarap akong gising?? Hindi ba pwedeng natulala lang saglit kasi nainip?"

"Nainip?? Paano mo nakukuhang mainip sa klase ni Faulkerson?! Sobrang nakakamatay ang kaba dahil sa recit! Aminin mo na, nag daydream ka. Obvious naman."

"Sige nga, paano mo nasabi??"

"Bes, naka tingin ka sa malayo, may nakakalokong ngiti, tapos bigla kang pumikit at ngumuso! Para kang tanga."

"Uy, totoo ba?!"

"Oo, gags. Kung nakita mo lang pagbabago ng mukha ni sir nung nakita ka niyang lutang. Jusko parang naka time lapse!!"

"OA mo 'no."

"Totoo kasi. Kaya Maine, please, kalmahan mo pagnanasa mo kay Faulkerson. Iwasan mo lalo na sa klase niya, nakakahiya ka."

"Grabe..."

"Ano, ano?! Strike 2 mo na, bes. Umamin ka na lang kaya? Kaloka."

Maine scrunches her face as she follows Spencer down the stairs. She hates it when she slaps her with the reality that she is madly attracted to their Literature professor that she always makes a fool of herself whenever he is around. She can't help it and they can't blame her. The man is gorgeous, like he was molded and sculpted meticulously.

A memory flashes in her mind, making her face grow hot. She glares at the back of Spencer's head, wanting to smack it for reminding her of that embarrassing mistake.

"AHHHHHH!!"

"Ano?!"

"Leche ka. Pinaalala mo na naman yung isang kagagahan ko!"

"HAHAHAHAHA. Tangina Maine, sobrang epic talaga n'un. 'Yun ang unang beses na nahiya ako na kaibigan kita."

"Pakyu ka. FO."

---
2nd year, 1st semester

Maine dashes inside the building, ignoring the call of the guard as she failed to swipe her ID. She's already 10 minutes late for her first class today and she is nervous as hell because they've been hearing stories about the professor for her Literature class.

She peeks through the small glass window of the door of their classroom, checking if the professor is already in. She sees some of her blockmates standing by the window, chatting. Two boys were even playing with their arnis sticks. Relieved, she fixes herself and cheerfully entered the room.

"Hindi pa ako late, hallelujah!"

"Technically, late ka na. Mas late lang ang prof."

Minutes later, the door of the room opens and her classmates scrambled around, going to their respective seats. A young looking guy entered the room, his face serious. He may be about an inch short of 6 feet. He is wearing a blue long sleeves, tucked in a pair of jeans, with a pair of black leather shoes. He is carrying a small clutch bag in one hand and two mobile phones on the other.

Maine is busy rummaging through her bag, looking for her pen, that she didn't immediately see him. It is when she heard Spencer's sharp intake of breath and seeing her awe-struck face that she looked in front to see what is going on.

The professor has his back on them, writing his name on the board and the subject course.

RJ Faulkerson
World Literature

Maine's eyebrows are furrowed as she waits for him to turn around. Almost all the girls are looking like Spencer. As if in slow motion, the professor turns around and fixes his reading glasses before addressing the class.

"Good morning. I am Associate Professor RJ Faulkerson and I will be your Literature professor."

Maine feels like time stopped as she stares at the face before her. She now understands why her classmates look like they saw a Roman god. The man is utterly breathtaking, like a model coming straight out a high-class magazine.

"Spence."

"Hm.

"Putangina, ang gwapo."

Professor Faulkerson, who is standing in front, distributing pieces of papers, stopped from what he is doing and looked where the whole class are turned to. Not realizing that she said what she just said loudly, Maine looks around the room, confused.

"Anong nangyari?"

"Gaga ka, ang lakas ng boses mo!"

Eyes widening, Maine roams her eyes around the room again. She has never wished for earth to swallow her whole until now. Some of her class were looking at her with amused expressions, while the others are shaking their heads, as if embarrassed for her.

Professor Faulkerson walks slowly to where she is and stands in front of her, hands in his pockets.

"Stand up.

Reluctantly, Maine stands up from her seat and consciously fixes her uniform. She can feel her knees wobbling, praying to God and all the saints that she knows to let her faint right at that moment to escape her miserable situation.

"What's your name?"

"N-Ni-Nicomaine Mendoza, sir."

"What did you just say earlier?"

"Ahm. Sir.. Ah. I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I said it out loud. Sorry, sir."

"That's not what you said."

"Ah.. I said.. Ah."

"What?"

"I said, "Putangina, ang gwapo", sir."

"Do you know where you are right now?"

"Yes, sir."

"And do you think what you just said is appropriate to where we are now?"

"No, sir."

"Then, why say it?"

"I didn't mean for the whole class to hear it, sir. I'm sorry."

Prof. Faulkerson did not answer her anymore and instead stares at her, face deadly serious. Maine's heart was pounding loudly that she's quite certain that everyone can hear its erratic beating.

"You will be creating the seat plan for this class. I want everyone to be alphabetically arranged. Make sure that there all have photos by our next meeting. Understood?"

"Yes, sir."

"Be seated."

Maine sat and watches as her professor proceeds in distributing the papers he was holding earlier, which turned out to be the course syllabus.

"Okay ka lang?"

"Spence."

"Ano?"

"Ang scary niya pero, tangina, ang gwapo niya talaga."

"Gaga."

---
A/N: Lels. Bear with me. 😂😂
HAPPY WEEKSARY!!