Chapter 1

Small town country girl Violet Monroe, is from Charlotte, North Carolina. She's 18 years old, and lives with her parents, Delia Monroe and Daniel Monroe. She drives an old Chevy pickup that her daddy bought for her, and she is an only child.

She goes to Valleyside high school and has a perfect 4.0 GPA. This is her last week of school before graduation and then it's off to summer vacation for her,but what she didn't know is that she had to move this summer.

One rather rainy morning in June, Violet walked into her school and saw her best friend Hadley standing in front of her locker waiting for her. Violet quickly ran over to Hadley, " I can't believe summer's almost here, I can just see it now, just me, you, and the ocean! We can fish, go mudding, and even surf together this summer! Ugh, I can hardly wait!" Violet exclaimed." I know, but uh, what about college? I thought you were gonna take summer classes, once you figured out which one you were going to, since you got excepted to two of them!" Hadley said. "Well I was, but I just don't know which one I wanna go to, so I have decided to take the summer off and spend it with my best friend!" Hadley almost teared up at the idea of having a fun summer with her best friend! Violet quickly gave Hadley a hug, and they parted ways to their classes.

On the way to her class, Violet was stopped by her boyfriend Nathaniel. Rather abruptly he swept her off her feet into a warm and embracing hug. He then proceeded to set her down, and give her a kiss! Nathaniel was the schools smartest jock, but the side that Violet and his family saw, was the redneck side that he suppressed in school because he had an image to uphold. Violet and Nathaniel had first period ( Intro to calculus) together, they clasped hands and walked to class.

The rest of the school day went by quickly, even study hall seemed to just fly by! Violet drove home, but as she pulled into the driveway, she noticed a man in a suit leaving her house. She quickly sprinted across her yard and into her house. Her father was working and her mother was doing the dishes. She walked over to her mother first, and asked " why was a man in a suit leaving the house?" Sarcastically her mother said, " because he was in the house." This made Violet chuckle a little, but she regained her composure and asked another question, "why was he here?" That's when she knew something was going on, because her mother stopped doing the dishes and her father stopped working. They both looked at Violet and told her to take a seat. Violet knew that something big was coming, she just didn't know what. She sat down and her mother looked deeply and sincerely into her eyes, and as calmly as possible told her the news... "Violet, honey, I don't know how to tell you this, so I'm just going to say it, we're moving this summer." Rather shocked, Violet asked, "when?" That's when her whole world, the world she'd known since birth came tumbling to an end. Her mother said " the day after you get out of school, that man was from the bank, and we have movers scheduled to start taking things out if the house on Thursday since we're leaving Saturday." Violet quickly ran upstairs, and locked herself in her room.

Crying, she tucked herself under her sheets, hoping it was all just a dream, she drifted into a deep sleep, and slept the rest of the day, hoping and dreaming that tomorrow she would wake up and none of this was real.