Chapter 1

Drew's POV

Good evening.

That's the time isn't it? It usually is when you read things like this.

How ya feelin'? What's shakin'?

I bet I can tell you exactly what you're doing right now. You're reading this "fanfic" on a computer/Phone/Ipod screen.

Yes, I know I'm in a fanfic. Why else would you be reading this if it wasn't? You think this is just going to be another cute, little, stereotypical "timids fic", where me and Shane have secretly fancied each other for years and by some miraculous coincidence, during that particular period of time, everything comes to fruition and we end up locking-lips and all is well and good.

Yeah, I've read them. Don't get me wrong, I totally love how you guys write fanfiction about us. Some of it is so good and so well written that you have to stop and think for a second to try and remember if it really happened or not. Others on the other hand are....let's just say...unique.

Oh, and let's not forget these "secret cuddles" that you lot seem to think we have. Seriously, where do you get these ideas from? I mean, don't get me wrong, if Shane wanted cuddles then I'd be happy to oblige - Everyone needs to be cuddled every once in a while, whether it be from feeling ill, sad or generally just wanting a hug - we all require some degree of positive physical contact with our best friend, and Shane is my best friend.

The problem is, you all make it out to seem like there is something romantic going on between us - and there isn't, at least not on my part. I suppose I could vouch for Shane too; he never says anything about this kind of topic, I suppose he's too afraid that I might take it the wrong way y'know? I guess he's worried that I might get upset if he just came out and said something along the lines of "I'm not attracted to you" and I took it to mean that he thought I was ugly or that he hates me etc. Ah Shane, always thinking of the well-being of others before himself. He would hurt a fly.

Despite him not actually saying anything, I'm about 98.9% sure that there is nothing, except from a purely platonic friendship, between us. Trust me, if anything was going to happen between me and Shane, it would have already happened.

A/N: this is only the very first part of this chapter so there will be a little bit more to come. I just wanted to see if people like this bit. If you like it please tell me and also if you don't like it, tell me! And as I said, this is designed to confuse you, but by the end, all should become clear.