Chapter 1- Away from my heart

Six months later...

I stepped in my brand new school. It was awkward. Here, in Chicago, people didn't seem as close with people as in Los Angeles. Oh... Los Angeles... I didn't know how much I was thinking about this city since I cam here, but I knew that whenever I talked about it or just mentioned it in front of my dad, he would become angry and all.

I walked through the alley. Normally, I would have been searching for my classroom like a nerd. As always. But since we left L.A., I didn't give a damn about things. Whatever...

I felt the stares of the students, judging me. But I don't care. Months before, those stares would have made me uncomfortable. Not this time. They could stare if they want, I was half-living.

"Excuse me, but aren't you new?" asked a girl

"Yes, I'm new and?" I asked, harshly

"Oh, nothing... I'm new too. I thought you could be able to help me find my classroom but whatever... Thank you anyway."

She reminded me a lot of the Megan Matthews I was when I first stepped in California's hot ground. She hasn't done anything to me and I turned her down. I was angry with the world in fact. But her confused look made me understand that I had overreacted to her.

"Hey, wait!" I hollered at her, before she went too far, "I'm looking for my classroom too. Maybe we can help each other."

"Thank you for your help!" she replied happily

"Sorry for the way I answered lately. I'm just not in the mood..."

"I see... Anyway, let's search for our classroom, hum..."

"Megan...Megan Matthews..." I said as I extended my hand to her. She shook it softly.

"Megan, well, my name is Beyoncé Giselle Knowles, but everybody call me Bey. It's shorter."

 I nodded and we searched for our class

I nodded and we searched for our class. I then understood that we had the same schedule, so we were going to be in the same class. I analyzed Bey. Well, she was that type of girls that boys were seeking for... Beautiful face, hot body, generous curves, amazing good taste in fashion ... Her long curly brown hair was framing her beautiful face perfectly. It was with those kinds of girls I couldn't fight against. They were flawless. I sighed heavily for no obvious reason when we finally found our classroom.

The school seemed to be new as it was cleaner than all the schools that I have ever been in. Our class was already in. All eyes were on us when we entered. I could tell that Bey was uncomfortable. I walked to the back of the school, her following close behind me. Sure, as jerks existed everywhere, and still do, boys looked at her behind and whistled at her. She nearly ran next to me, but before she did one of the guys grabbed her wrist. It started good for a first day.

"Hey, beautiful. What's your pretty name? You're new?"

"Mind your business!" she said as she pushed him aside to get her way to my table. I smiled at this. It reminded me so much of the first time I encountered Michael... Michael... I sighed again as I remembered him. I shook my head to chase this thought out of my mind before tears could fill my eyes. Gotta be focused on your first day Matthews! Matthews... He used to call me that way...