Chapter 11

I realized after we got out of the pool that my maxi dress clung to my skin tightly. It was showing he print of everything that God blessed me with. I grabbed my phone from the beach chair and wiped my face of the water droplets falling.

I saw Odell eyeing me down. I didn't think to much of it as I started to walk into my mothers house. She was just about to come outside. She gasped when she saw me.
I knew she was about to ask a bunch of questions but I was cold.

"Are the bathrooms open?" I asked her.

"Your father is in ours. Lashelle is in the guest bathroom with her daughter. The only bathroom that is open is yours." My mother said to me as she started to smirk while looking between Odell and I. I already observed why she was smirking.

"Oh my gosh mom. I'm your daughter, you should be trying to keep me from men not encouraging me." I whispered in her ear as I laughed.

"I see you two and I know one day y'all will be together any way." My mother whispered back as she patted my shoulder and walked around us both. I shook my head at her and turned around to Odell.

"We are going to have to share the bathroom but I have to go get my extra clothes in my trunk." I said to him before we started trailing towards the front door toward my car.

"So how's life going? I mean it has to be well. Look at you. Your successful and still beautiful." He said as he slick flirted with me. I overlooked it because I know how Odell is. Always joking.

"Well life was 50% great." I said as I typed in the code on the car door to unlock the car door.

"Why just 50%? If I were you my life would be just perfect." He asked me confused.

"It was 50% because I didn't have my best friend with me and I'm sure you would look at life perfectly because you have a way of forgetting about your #1 supporter real easily." I said throwing a heap of shade with a hint of sarcasm.

As I popped the trunk I realized from my peripheral that his head dropped. I almost felt bad. I walked to the trunk and grabbed a small duffle that I always carry with me in case of emergencies when I need clothes or toiletries.

I closed my trunk and he started to walk away towards I'm guessing his truck. Now, I totally felt bad but not enough to go apologize. My pride was in the way.

Instead, I walked inside the house and up the stairs to my room. Immediately I began to strip out of my wet clothing. I turned on the shower. While waiting for my water to heat up I opened my duffle and took out everything I was going to need afterwards.

After, my soothing shower I dried off and placed my hair in a messy bun. Next, I moisturized my self up, put on deodorant, and then I finally dressed in a red v-neck and white capri pants with my red converses. Since, I hurt Odells feelings, I wonder if we can still plan a prank... Maybe later.

Now isn't a good time. I walked out of the bathroom and immediately spotted Odell. He was laid across my old bed on his back he looked like he already showered.

I figured my dad or either Lashelle had left the bathroom in time. Once he spotted me he got up off the bed with some red head phones in his hand. I stared at the head phones because they looked awfully familiar. He held his hand out for me to take them. I grabbed them from his hands.

"Your mother told me to bring these to you." He said to me as he stared a whole into my face.

"Thanks." I said as I realized I had left them here the last time I was here. He turned towards the door about to leave out of my room.