Shape Shifters:Life Is An Endless Circle

It was a gloreous feeling. The bliss of mid-shift. Sometimes I wished I was still there. On the battle field. Fighting for my pack's life.....but everything must come to an end. Right? Or at least that's what Grandfather used to say. He would go on forever telling stories about how shifters came to be. We were unique, we had our own laws, our own families. We were independent from the humans. But then they found us, and we were unreal; we were beasts, savages, super natural demons. My Grandfather told me they shoved our kind into cages. We were bound and tortured. Yet there was help out there. And the other supernaturals among us came. They saved us. The witches and warlocks. The vampires and hell faries. They were extinct now; they killed the other supernaturals off. But those creatures were saved for other bedtime stories.

Right now......was war.

They had come for us, but who were they exactly? They were the notorious Quints, but as we like to call them in simpler terms......hunters. The were five of them, and they-

 I'm suddenly interupted by a familiar voice. "Anna are you coming or not." My sister says while coldly glaring at me.

"I'm coming," I retorted, then lift my head to show dominance and smirk at her."But don't wait up for me. I'll pass by you soon enough, and when I do don't lag behind."I retort again but in a harsher tone.

You may think it was harsh for me to talk to my own sister like that, but it was called for. If you wanted to survive you had to have no emotion. You couldn't break down on the battle field just because your parents or brother were killed without a second thought. Because it was going to happen, you couldn't escape it. Trust me I know. I may only be seventeen, but I know. Sometimes we even had to kill off our family. Our own loved ones. Because they were either slowing our retreat down or grieving over lost dear ones. The elders had to be killed off before the war even started; they couldn't physically or emotionally handle the slaughter, so they were all killed off. That included Grandfather. And like I said before, trust me I know. This is war.

"It Is time." A voice full of power boamed through the air. There were mumurs around me, but I had had no one to talk to. I wasn't even supposed to talk unless I was giving an order, for I was the dead Alpha's daughter; I was on the almighty throne (but after this war I'm not sure if there would still be a pack to rule). That powerful voice belonged to the last Alpha Max, male blood-line alpha alive. If we all lived through this my sister or myself had to bare his child.

That's when I noticed it. it was a quick movement barely noticable, but it was there. My eyes widden, and before I had time to say anything someone spoke through the pack link,"Ambush!!!" I realized that I never gave an order on what to do, so I told everyone specifically,"Fight for your lives.....fight for your pack." Then I gave the battle cry of a true wild wolf and the beginning to the end was started. I could already tell that this was a fight to the death. Meaning: all shifters would be slaughtered or all hunters would be killed.

We were losing, and I was almost dead. I had been shot with a crystal poisoned bullet. I searched the land finding the only family I have left with a limp body lying on the ground. I find other pack members either dead or deathly injured. Alpha Max was killing off Quint after Quint there was also the Pack soldier, his mate, and the Omega still alive fighting with fury. Which was suprising, Selena, the Omega, was never one to be able to hold her own, but I decided that we shouldn't kill her on our journey because, well I never really noticed her.

Then it all happened so fast. The remaining Hunters fell to the ground all groaning or shrieking in pain. I looked up searching for what had caused it. Only to find Selena with blazing firery purple eyes along with a vicious snarl on her face.

I pulled in a ragged breath, and heard,"You will leave and remember nothing of the supernaturals." In a voice that definetly wasn't Selena's sneered loudly through the battle field. And like they were zombies under her comand they left, just like that. My eyes fluttered closed and......I died?

How could that be possible?

**********

I gasped for air. These things were getting freakily out of control. My promonitions have been about war for three months now. The only one who knew was my father It made me emancely sad that I knew my pack and family wouldn't live to grow old with me (I won't really age, it's just something we say as a euphemism of "forever". I completely understand war even at my young age of 15. I could tell that it was coming soon, and not everyone would live. I can't seriously hope for something that would only come from a miracle. It was time to start all over....again. Because as Grandfather once said, "The war was there, and it will come again, because life is just an endless circle."