Sabrina

He drummed his fingers on the Mahogany table in hopes of annoying the demanding girl sitting in front of him.

Orion just couldn't figure her out.

She claimed to be the princess of Nutaria, but she really didn't look like much to him. Although, the cloak covering most of her body didn't really help anything.

She looked to be about 5"9 with slim curves, small hands and feet. And, there was nothing to be seen of her face, which unnerved him.

'It must be a magick cloak.'

He thought with a small shiver, 'Man, I really hate dealing with Sages.'

"You know, it's considered rude to hide your face from a guest." Orion said after several minutes of awkward silence.

Angel fidgeted slightly.

'Right where I want her'

He thought with a smirk.

"It's also considered rude to stare," She retorted with an uninterested wave of her hand.

"Touche," He said with a toothy grin, "But I wouldn't be staring if you'd be kind enough to remove your hood, Princess."

Angel didn't miss the mockery in his voice as he addressed her.

"If I remove it, will you tell me why you were in the forest?" Angel asked, feeling slightly bothered that she had to barter with him. She was the princess for Pete's sake!

"Maybe," He replied, his grin widening to show most of his sharp, shark-like teeth.

"Very well," She answered before slowly reaching up to pull off the only thing keeping her hidden.

Orion didn't know how to react at first.

Sure, he'd seen his share of beautiful women.

Heck, he'd had his share of beautiful women.

But none of them quite compared to her.

He almost dropped his jaw when Angel pulled back her hood to reveal crisp blue eyes, high cheekbones, and flawless skin framed by a river of long golden curls.

'And, look at those lips! I wonder how they taste...'

He quickly shook the thought from his head, and tried to focus on the fact that she still had his Stone in her possession, and wasn't really looking to let it go.

"Now, on to business," Angel stated calmly, unable to read the poker face the Guardian wore so well.

"Straight to the point, aren't you babe?" He teased halfheartedly, expression still stony, "Alright, were do I begin?..."

"I suggest the beginning," She said, coldness flickering in her eyes.

"Ha-ha. Very funny. You must be fun at parties," Orion muttered sarcastically.

"Let's see....I don't remember anything before becoming a Guardian," He started, "I mean, I know that Guardians are just dead Nutarians, but their memories must be washed away when they pass on to the other side."

Angel nodded for him to continue.

"Anyway, I started out as a wandering Spirit. Killing some here and there--nothing too serious. But, then I got a wonderful proposal to become a Killer for Hire for a small-time gang in Memphis."

Orion paused to smile a bit, which unnerved Angel.

Everyone knew that Hired Killers were nothing but cold-hearted beasts.