Josh Has Flu

When Josh woke up, his body was engulfed in pain; his head ached, his arms and legs felt far too heavy and he felt clammy and sweaty in general. 'Oh no, please say it's not what I think it is,' He thought, slowly pushing his body into a sitting position, when all of a sudden he felt bile rise in his throat. A hand quickly covered his mouth which was sealed shut, in fear of vomiting there and then.

Josh leapt up from the bed, despite the protest from the rest of his body, opened the door and fled down the short corridor. Once there, he barged into the bathroom and, after slamming the door shut, positioned himself over the toilet bowl, shaking hands perched either side of him. His stomach convulsed, then before he knew it, he was heaving vomit into the toilet, a putrid smell of sick rising in the atmosphere.

As soon as the contents of his stomach was in the bowl, Josh slowly got to his feet and tried not to look at the yellow-green mixture below. His hazel eyes stared back at himself in the mirror, scanning his worryingly pale face and bloodshot eyes. Josh reached for the toilet roll and ripped off a couple of sheets to wipe the vomit around his mouth and on his beard. He grabbed the air freshener after disposing of the paper towels and sprayed a fair amount into the air. His hands found the flusher and he pulled it down without thinking.

"Josh?"

//Vikk's POV//

My stomach rumbled for food, and since I hadn't eaten a proper meal the past day I decided to go downstairs and make a lasagna or something like that.

Unfortunately, as soon as I opened the door, my eyes came across Josh who was sprinting at full speed towards the bathroom opposite me. The door slammed loudly, but then I heard him vomit into the toilet. I no longer felt hungry.

Not quite knowing whether I should ignore Josh or check if he's okay, I turned left and jogged down the corridor and up the stairs to Simon's room. I stumbled near the top, but my feet caught myself before I face-planted onto the beige carpet. My fist raised to knock on Simon's door and I did so twice.

"Come in," I pushed the door open to see Simon editing a GTA episode. "What's up?"

"Josh just sprinted for the bathroom and started throwing up, I thought you might know what to do?"

Simon thought for a second before nodding and placing his headphones on the wooden desk.

"Thanks for telling me."

And with that, he speed-walked out of his room and down the stairs.

//Simon's POV//

Stopping outside Josh and Vikk's shared bathroom, I pressed my ear to the door to hear if Josh was okay. I stood there for a minute, and upon not hearing any movement from inside, I said Josh's name.

"Yeah?"

"Are you okay?" I asked, standing back from the door slightly. "Can you open the door, bro?"

The handle turned, then it opened slightly. A ghostly figure stood behind the white door, eyelids half closed. He opened the door fully and stepped out.

"You look like Hell, mate," I commented, wrapping my arms around Josh's body, my head resting on his shoulder. He hugged back soon after and cleared his throat.

"Yeah, sorry." He laughed softly, stepping out of the embrace slowly.

"Vikk came up to my room saying that you full on sprinted to the bathroom."

Josh nodded then smiled sadly. I placed the back of my hand on his forehead, which was burning hot.

"Oh God, Josh, you're really hot."

"Thank you." I laughed at his comment and he smirked. I put my arm around his covered shoulders.

"Time for me to take care of you, isn't it?"

Josh only glanced at me then smiled again. Why does he keep smiling? I admit, it is immensely cute.

We walked the few paces to his room, then to his bed. I pulled back the covers whilst Josh slid underneath them. Replacing the covers, I jogged downstairs to retrieve a damp flannel and glass of water.

"Is he okay?"

I jumped, not knowing Vikk was in the room with me.

"Oh, yeah, he's okay. I think he had what I had two weeks ago."

Vikk grimaced.

"Wish him get well soon from me!" Vikk seemed to disappear once he said that, and I started to question whether I was imagining that conversation.

Unable to decide, I shook the brief scenario from my head and returned to Josh who was just how I left him.

"Here you go," I led the flannel across his forehead, dampening his dark hair, him flinching as I did so.

"Get some sleep, and if you need anything message me, okay bro?"

"Can you stay with me? Please?"

I looked down at Josh and grinned.

"Yeah, of course. Anything for my handsome boyfriend!" We both laughed at that and I slid underneath the covers. Josh immediately buried his face in my chest, the flannel somehow staying on, and put his arm over me. "I'll stay for an hour, but I have a couple of videos to edit."

Josh murmured into my torso and I started to play with his hair. Josh loves it when he gets physical affection, and me playing with his hair is his favourite. I practically felt him smiling whilst he fell asleep in my arms.