Drax - xonceuponatimex

Drax (Draco and Max) for xonceuponatimex.

---

Harry Potter might have lived under the stairs for most of his life but Maxine Potter had to live under his shadow; which was worse, by far. Maxine, who liked to be called Max, wasn’t as popular as her brother even though they were related and Harry was her twin. She took every opportunity to be far away from her twin so when she was told by Dumbledore to stay in the Malfoy manor during the summer before their sixth year, Max agreed straight away.

Who wouldn’t want to wake up in the morning to see Draco Malfoy get out of the shower with a towel wrapped around his waist, droplets of water falling on that Quidditch toned body, his hair messy but oh, so gorgeous when wet... Max had a slight crush on Draco but she would never admit it to anyone. Besides, Draco hated the fact that Max was living with them.

I hate you, your family, and everything about you!

If that didn’t convince anybody that Draco hated her, Max had no idea what would. The first few days she had stayed with them had been horrible. She was treated like filth in the huge manor as though she wasn’t a guest, but a slave.

‘Potter!’ Draco’s voice was heard one night, followed by a bang on the door as Max got out of the shower, ‘what’s taking you so long?!’

The worst thing was that Max and Draco both liked to shower at night so that they could wash off all of the day’s activities. So this meant that they had to wait on the other to finish showering... and waiting wasn’t a strong suit for Draco, Max knew that.

‘I’m showering, Malfoy, be patient,’ Max let out a sigh as she dried her body off  with her towel and left it in the wash basket. She looked in the mirror and her face fell.

Like any teenage girl, she hated her body. Not because she thought she was fat or had huge thighs and her bum was too big... but because of all the bruises that peppered her skin. She hated it so much even though she knew they would fade. Max couldn’t help but think back to how she got the fresh bruises as she pulled on her underwear.

Lucius Malfoy hated the fact that Max had to live with them but due to demands, he couldn’t kick her out. He hated her guts more than his son did which is why Max had to tread lightly around him but sometimes he would... Max lightly pressed her fingers on a particularly big bruise on her stomach and winced.

‘It takes you so long yet you still end up looking like a drowned rat,’ Draco sneered from behind the door, leaning against it as he waited for her to get out.

Max stopped, standing in her underwear in the middle of the bathroom. A drowned rat? He had no idea how much that hurt her, more than the pain from her bruises, or that it would hurt any girl he said that to. Draco was horrible to her all the time, never had he complimented her on anything or even said hello to her without saying something insulting from those annoyingly inviting lips. Yet Max Potter couldn’t stay away from bad boys, oh no, she couldn’t.

‘You’re an arrogant asshole,’ Max muttered, looking at the door before getting her night clothes. She slipped into her trousers and then yanked the top over her head.

‘Not the worst I’ve been called,’ Draco said, after a while.

Max came out of the bathroom with her hair over one shoulder and glared at him, wondering why he had to look so perfect leaning against the door way like that? It made it hard for her to be annoyed at him. Max tried to move past him but Draco was taking up most of the space so she held her breath, as though not to touch him, and managed to slide past him. She hurried to her room as Draco smirked behind her.