17

"Do you even have friends?", one girl asked. "I do have a friend. He's very shy though. I wish you could meet him", I told them. "Well of course we can. Where is he?",  another girl asked. "Oh, he's visiting someone right now. I'm sure he'll be back later", I replied. "What's his name?", the first girl asked. "Death", I replied. They started to laugh. "That's so lame! What? Does he wear a black cloak and have a skull mask over his face?", one asked laughing. "Some times", I replied. They laughed some more. Death came up behind one of them and touched her. She dropped down on the ground and didn't move. "Amy! Amy get up! This isn't funny!", her friends yelled. Death took my sweater sleeve and pulled me out of the school and to the woods. "Why did you do that? What did you even do?", I asked. The wrote with a stick in the ground. "I killed her", I read. "Why?", I asked. "She was making fun of you", he wrote. "Thank you but, don't kill people for me. Please?", I asked. Death nodded. "Thank you. I don't feel like going back to school, so I think I'll stay home for the rest of the day", I said. Death gave me a questioning look. "I just don't wanna go back", I said and shrugged. Death nodded. We sat on a log for a long time. I got a call from my mom and had to go home. As I started walking out of the woods I turned around to wave good bye to Death but he wasn't there.