Chapter 16

Vote, Comment, Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I grunt as we collapse onto the dark cool floor in the Under Realm. I feel warm strong arms tuck around my waist and next thing I know, I was on my feet.

"Let go of me!" I hiss, squirming from Death's grasp. Irony.

Haden's eyes darken to an ocean blue but he says nothing. The rest of the group groans and slowly clambers onto their feet. Then we finally get a good look at Haden's home.

Surrounding us was a land of black obsidian with strange glowing red rocks and glowing green fungi. There were no trees, just mountains of the strange substances of obsidian and the unknown rocks. Cutting through the land was a sickly white river with hints of green. It wasn't water, it was a smoke river. In the middle of the river was a looming castle. The sky was a dark grey with wisps of black fog.

My jaw drops as my eyes take in the full glory of his castle.

The castle was all black stone. Fire flickers in huge basins near the enormous entrance and all around the castle's many roofs and walls. Blue, red, and purple gems decorated the exterior walls and the towering doors were made of dark oak. A large wall protected the insides of the castle. The wall had fire flickering above, not allowing anyone to climb over, whether in or out.

Haden snaps his fingers and magically, out of black smoke, a bridge appears to the front gates of the castle.

His smoldering eyes catch mine, ignoring our jaw-dropped friends. I gulp and heat blooms in my stomach.

"Ladies first." He gestures to the bridge, his voice low with masculine pride. Another gulp and I look towards the bridge. With a deep breath to stop my escaping courage, I take the first step onto the smoke-bridge. It holds.

I start walking forward and soon enough the rest of my friends were all walking, but Haden was the only one by my side. Everyone else was looking around at the world in awe.

I look up at Haden, his eyes sharp in concentration.

"Whats wrong?" I whisper, still unable to catch my full voice.

"We must hurry. The spirits of the undead are coming." He says before flipping around. "Everyone! Quicken it up!"

My group's eyes grow wide but all go into a steady jog until we reach the large doors. Haden snaps again and the humongous heavy doors open just enough to let four people at the time through. We enter into the darkness and the doors slam shut behind us.

I subconsciously lean towards Haden, taking refuge in his tall and warm figure. His breath feathers across the top of my head and his fingers lightly rest on the curve that connected my neck and shoulder. A feeling of comfort takes me.

Another 'snap'. "Whoosh. Whoosh. Whoosh. Whoosh." The torches on the wall light the huge hall one by one. Their fires were snapping and hissing, happy to be alive again.

"Welcome to my home." Haden says.

Again, the jaws dropped. The floor itself was a pattern like lava. The glass glowed with yellow and orange below while the flat smooth black-brown rocks served as the actual floor with only the hints of the glass showing underneath as if pooling with lava. The interior of the castle was actually quite modern. The walls were black with greys and whites and all the furniture was comfortable and new; not to mention matching the rest of the house. The insides were not at all matching the outsides both physically and decoratively.