3

"You've felt this way for far too long.."

- One Day / Kodaline

Shortly after Harry's interruption, we were dismissed by Phil to finally go unpack and settle in our cabin, or dorm, whatever you wanna call it. Lyla and I quickly grabbed our things, trying to beat the other interns to the building so we could get first pick.

"Em, I swear to God that if you don't hurry your ass up, Harry will be the least of your problems these next few months!" Lyla shouts at me as I nearly tumble down along with my bags, trying to walk as fast as I can while I drag my suitcases behind me.

As soon as Harry barged in and introduced himself, all I could think and talk about was how much of an ass he was probably going to be. Lyla just sat there and listened to me complain, before telling me to shut up while grabbing our bags and hitting me in the side with one of them. I couldn't help it, trouble was written all over him and I refused to let myself be lured to it. 

Not again.

I rolled my eyes at her grumpiness, she's probably irritated about the 'no dating rule', while I couldn't have been more blessed by God himself. We finally make it to our cabin at the end of the buildings, and I see a sign that reads: "INTERNS ONLY" placed outside the door that leads inside. Lyla slowly opens the door, and I feel as if I'm in a dream.

I realized Ridgewood had been gifted generously with money and innovated extensively, but what in the actual f u c k?

I slowly walked in behind Lyla, who was also mesmerized by the cabin, taking in everything at once. As soon as you walk in, you're welcomed into the living room which is equipped with a large leather sofa and wooden coffee table that faces a smaller flat screen tv, which leads into the kitchen and bar. Not like an actual bar, but a tall counter that's surrounds the kitchen, furnished with bar stools. I look to the right and see an ascending staircase leading to some bedrooms, and beneath it are three more guest rooms, along with a bathroom.

I don't even feel like I'm at the same camp anymore.

My eyes widen as I hear deep laughter, and I realize it's coming from one of the downstairs rooms. I guess the boys are staying downstairs.

I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly and make my way towards the staircase, leaving one of my huge suitcases at the end of the staircase while carrying the other up the stairs. Well, dragging it behind me at a sluggish pace. Like I said, physical activity is not my thing.

I reach the top of the staircase and look my right to see two bedrooms with a bathroom separating the two rooms. I take a few steps further, shyly peeking my head in the first room, inching my way into the doorway and short hallway into the room to see Lyla setting her things down on one of the beds facing the hallway.