Prologue

In which she realises her worth and decides that she will no longer be in her sister's shadow.

20th November 2011

"Elease...." I heard a voice call me out of my slumber.

Swatting away the wandering hand that traveled softly down my face, my eyes snapped open as I glared coldly at the person who dared to wake me up.

"T-Tina, what are you doing up so late" I whispered as I rubbed away the sleep from my eyes, staring at my older sister as I turned on the light from my small lamp.

She was dressed in a short revealing tight red dress that barely covered her back side, as a deep v cut showed the world her cleavage, hiding nothing to the naked eye. Her feet were clad in my mothers favourite black strapped heels, a mask of make-up painted her once youthful features making her look twice her age.

"What are you wearing?" I asked as I stared into her hazel eyes seeing nothing but excitement.

"An outfit of course, I'm going out to a party that David Jones invited me to, so I have to look extra sexy" she whispered excitedly as she bit down on her lip at the thought of David Jones.

He was some popular white kid at her school that she had a major crush on, so it was no surprise that when he asked her to go to his party of course my sister had to say yes.

"Ti, I don't think you should go" I said getting a bad feeling in my stomach.

"Well I'm going anyway, you have no right to tell me what to do, hmph I don't even know why I could trust a little tell-tale like yourself" she spat venomously at me bringing tears to my eyes.

"B-but it's," grabbing my glasses from the nightstand I put them on to look at the time on the clock.

"It's midnight Ti" I exclaimed only to have my sister cover my mouth with her hands.

"Shut up before mom hears you, ugh you're such an idiot sometimes" she said as she rolled her eyes.

Sniffling I looked down staring at my mom's shoes that she wore so confidently.

"N-no I'm not" I answered.

"Yes, yes you are that's why mom prefers me better, I'm smarter,older,prettier and way better then you" she smirked as she stepped away from me.

As the words seeped in I started to believe that she was right. Ti was an A student all year round, and she was older then me by five years since I was eleven and she was sixteen, and of course she was prettier with her flawless light skin and hazel eyes, large full lips and a developing hourglass figure, she was hands down the prettiest but the last one I could not believe, my sister has a very bad attitude especially when she doesn't get what she wants.

I on the other I was the outcast of our family ever since my dad died when I was six, he treated both my sister and I like princesses but my mother on the other hand never really liked me.

In her eyes I was a mistake.

"Are you even listening you fool" my sister spat as she grabbed my ear tugging on it making me whimper.

"I said you better not tell mom I'm gone or else, I'm planning on being back at around three in the morning maybe later" she said as she picked up her purse that she left on my nightstand.

"Bye, loser, I swear I hate you so much" she giggled before closing my door quietly.

Waiting a while I stood up out of my bed slipping on my hello kitty slippers, before walking towards the window, only to see a dark red jeep waiting outside our house. I watched as my sister strutted towards the jeep before getting in and after that it was gone.