Chapter 1

Tessa's POV:

It was cold. I woke up in a cold, concrete alley to find many cuts and bruises down my body. I had been beaten.

I can only faintly remember the night before. I was with my boyfriend, Chris, at the bar. He had gotten severely drunk, and started a fight with some guy. Chris has always beat me. He was the love of my life for the first month we were dating, but ended up being my worst nighmare. He wont let me leave him.

The last thing i remember is that after the fight, I tried to get Chris out of the bar, and he kept refusing. When I got him outside, he was yelling, screaming to be exact. He had pushed me into an alley, and started beating me. I tried to get him to stop, but he wouldnt. Then, he hit me so hard, i passed out cold. He left me there stranded.

As i got up, it hurt. I could barely move. I was still bleeding on my cheek. I started to walk down the street, but i got lightheaded. I walked into Starbucks and sat down. Across the room, a guy caught my eye. He was very, VERY handsome. He had an afro, and dark brown eyes. He had dimples, and completely straight. white teeth. As i was looking at him, he suddenly looked at me. I turned my head quickly, and hoped he didnt see me staring, and think i was a creep.

Bruno's POV:
I was in Starbucks with Phil one day, when she caught my eye. A girl on the other side of the room. She had long brown hair, that looked naturally straight. She had ocean-blue eyes, and dimples. She was beautiful. I seen her looking at me through the corner of my eye, so i looked. She looked very shy because she tried to look away to make it seem like she wasnt looking at me. I got up and started to walk towards her, but i quickly sat back down after i seen all of her cuts and bruises. She looked as if she was in a fight, or beat. I got up again to go talk to her. I think ill like her...

Tessa's POV:
I seen him get up and start walking towards me. I didnt know what to do or say. He sat down in front of me, but i pretended to look out the window and not acknowledge him.
"Hi, im Bruno" he said with a smile

Wait a second, i have seen him before. He is BRUNO MARS!! I havent ever really listened to him, but i hear he is AMAZING! He just came out with his first album, Doo-Wops and Hooligans, earlier this year, sometime early october i think.

"Um Hi.... are you Bruno Mars?"

"In the flesh and bones:)"

"Oh my gosh hi!! I have heard alot about you..."

I tried to finish, but i was even more lightheaded then ever now. I could feel the room spining, i was getting very dizzy. Next thing i know, i hear Bruno shout "SOMEBODY CALL 911!!" , Then i blacked out.