Three

You look in the mirror thats beside the bed. Papyrus gave you a new (f/c) shirt and a pair of black shorts and some comfy slippers to wear.

You've never felt more comfortable in your life. You smile in the mirror and spin around.

Your (h/l) (h/c) hair is washed and feels as soft as ever. You had a quick shower while papyrus was making you spaghetti. You always felt uncomfortable being naked, even if it's in a private bathroom in the shower. Your ribs stick out like needles and your body is covered with bruises and cuts.

The bathroom didn't have a toilet which was a bit weird but you ignored it. "(Y/n) SPAGHETTI IS READY" papyrus shouts from the kitchen.

You shakily walk downstairs and into the brightly coloured kitchen. The tiles are yellow, you like the colour it reminds you of the sun. You sit down at a small wooden table.

Papyrus is wearing a chefs hat and an apron that says 'best bro ever' stitched into it. He hands you a big bowl of spaghetti.

You smile and nod faintly as a thanks. You eat some of it. It's delicious! You eat as much as you can until you're stomach aches. You look at your plate,you haven't even eaten half of it.

"DIDNT YOU LIKE IT?" Papyrus whines. You shake you're head "no...I'm just not used to big platefuls of food, it was delicious thank you" you mumble shyly.

When you lived with your mother she never gave you anything to eat. Only her leftovers. She would sometimes tie you to a chair and make you watch her eat cake and honey roasted gammon. If you looked away she would slap you with a belt that had a metal ruler inside.

The thought makes your eyes water up. A tear falls down your cheek it, you wipe it away quickly and dismiss the memory. "You know you're brother" you ask quietly "SANS?"

"Erm...yea, when is he coming...random question...oh and will he mind me sleeping in his bed?" You mumble quietly. Papyrus laughs

"NYHEHEHE SANS DOESNT CARE WHERE HE SLEEPS, IF I LET HIM HE WOULD FALL ASLEEP OUTSIDE IN THE PAVEMENT...AND HE SHOULD BE BACK FROM GRILLBYS SOON"

You remember yesterday when you went to grillbys. Grillby was kind enough to lend you money, you haven't used it yet. You also remember the terrifying moment when the man tried to do God knows what, and the goat/dragon head that saved you.

Someone opens the door "THAT MUST BE HIM!"

"Hey bro whassup" a deep voice calls out from the entrance. You shift a bit, the thought of an even taller skeleton with armour on scares you. "SANS WE HAVE A GUEST IN THE HOUSE!" Papyrus squeals.

He grabs your hand and leads you to the entrance. In the entrance you see a short skeleton with a blue hoodie on and some black shorts just like yours. He also has slippers just like yours. He seems odly familiar....and not what you expected.

"Sup" he smirks. He has big round goofy eye sockets and like papyrus two white dots as pupils. "THIS IS (y/n) SHES GONNA BE SLEEPING IN YOUR ROOM AND YOU ON THE COUCH".

Sans frowns. He looks at you up and down "so she gets to wear my clothes" he grumbles "YES!" Papyrus smiles "YOU TWO GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER I WILL GO MAKE MORE SPAGHETTI".

Sans is shorter than you which surprises you since you're quite short for a 16 year old.

He puts his hand out for you to shake it. You take it shyly and a loud fart noise erupts the room. Sans starts howling with laughter "the old whoopie cushion trick! Works every time" he laughs.

You giggle. you haven't heard a whoopie cushion since your father left, according to your mother your father was a comedian and loved making jokes and puns.

When sans stops laughing he smiles at you "you like jokes?". You rub your arm "haven't heard some in a while" you admit sheepishly.

"Knock knock" he says.

"Erm...who's there"

"Hutch"

"Hutch who?"

"Bless you"

You both laugh "hey you know what papyrus is making for pudding?" He asks. You shake your head at the random question "probably some papierus" you laugh at the pun "SANS DO NOT SCARE HER OF WITH YOUR STUPID PUNS" papyrus yells.

You laugh even more that you have to close your eyes and clutch your stomach.

When you open your eyes you see sans staring at you with a big grin on his face. You blush in embarrassment "don't worry kiddo I've heard worse laughs" he chuckles.

You frown "you can talk" you mutter. He smiles cheekily and walks of. You stand there for a moment, you remember your dad telling you puns as baby and your mother laughing sweetly. You feel like crying but you fight the tears.

You walk back into the kitchen and see sans with his feet on the table and sockets closed. If you did that at your old house you would've gotten punished badly.

Papyrus is humming a tune while cooking some more spaghetti. You sit timidly next to sans "I don't bite kiddo" he chuckles, you frown at him "I know that...I..I just like space" you mumble angrily.

He opens an eye socket and looks at you "welp you'll get plenty of that since you'll be sleeping in MY room" he mutters. You look at the floor and sigh. You liked it better when it was just you and papyrus.

"Hey paps I'm gonna be in the living room aka my new room" he says and gets up to leave "OK BROTHER" paps replies. Sans looks at you with a fun expression on his face "I'll be open for jokes" he smirks and winks at you which makes you angrier.

You don't like him so far...but you have a feeling that you want to like him.

You and papyrus talk in the kitchen for a while, he tells you about how he wants to be in the Royal guard. He asks about you but you avoid the question.

Soon it's time for his bedtime and he asks sans to read him a story. While they do that you walk quietly into the living room and sit on the couch. It's a brown leather couch and its big...big enough for two. You turn on the tv and watch it. It's weird. You've never seen tv before or a movie. It's like moving pictures. A show comes on that shows a robotic man with luscious black hair dancing around on a stage.

You stare in awe as he does flips and spins and does amazing poses. "You like mettaton  huh?" You turn around and see sans leaning on the couch looking at the tv with the same awe In his sockets. You nod and smile faintly "do you know him?" You ask shyly.

He chuckles and nods "don't get on his bad side though or he'll sass you up until you're dead inside" he murmurs. You nod. He comes over to sit next to you. You shuffle away a bit to make room for him But he scoots closer to you.

You watch mettaton dance in awkward silence. When the show ends you get up to leave "hey don't leave me bonely" he says and looks up at you with a frown.

You stutter, he laughs "I'm joking with ya kid, go get some sleep" you blush in embarrassment and head up to sans' room quickly.

You slide into the cosy white duvet. It's soft and...warm? Sans probably slept in here this morning. You snuggle into the soft material. You get out the picture of your parents from your pocket and look at it.

You look at your father closely. "Why did you leave me?" You whisper "what did I do wrong...dad please what could've i done to be better" your voice wobbles and you start to cry silently "why can't anyone love me"

You cry yourself to sleep that night...