hurt

You woke Sunday morning in your own bed, a ridiculous migraine pounding in your head like a hammer against your skull. After a terribly painful, dizzy, and exhausting trip down the staircase, your mother greeted you with a large smile.

"Have fun partying?" she chuckled, setting a glass of water and a painkiller before you on the table. "A very nice young man dropped you off last night. He was very, very polite. Are you two friends?"

You groaned, "Aren't you supposed to lecture me for going out and getting drunk?"

"I would have, but since you had that nice boy looking after you, I decided I'd be a cool mom and let it go. Why? Do you want me to lecture you? Kang Yejin, you are—"

You held up a hand, squeezing your eyes shut as they burned in the bright morning light, "Okay, no."

"Good. I was going to be late for work. You rest, okay?"

You bid your mother goodbye, took the painkiller, and slept the entire day. You and Yixing didn't have practice on Sundays anyway.

»«

Monday, Yixing had gone back to avoiding you completely. You didn't remember much of what happened the party (you remembered hardly anything), but when you tried to remember something, anything, you caught flashes, just brief snapshots of him. You knew Chanyeol had been at the party with you, too, so you could only guess as to what terrible things had happened.

When you caught the sight of Chanyeol's horribly broken nose when you encountered him in the hallway between classes, you furrowed your eyebrows, "What happened?"

"Don't you remember? Your little boyfriend did that, the son of a . He's lucky he locked me out in time or I would have ing lost it on his ."

You shook your head, "I don't remember much of what happened. Just... arriving and drinking, and then it's all fuzzy and... not there."

"Good thing we didn't have great . It would've been terrible to miss that."

You scoffed, but pressed, "So? What did I miss? Why did Yixing break your nose?"

Chanyeol sighed, "You're not gonna like this, but Yixing got drunk at the party, too, and attacked me while we were dancing."

"What?" you cried in surprise.

"Yeah," Chanyeol shrugged, "I guess he's jealous. It's a good thing you're not dating him. He's crazy."

You whispered, "I... He really did that?"

"Yeah. Ask Jongin. He was there."

»«

When dance practice finally rolled around, you didn't care that everyone had come; Baekhyun, Jongdae, and Luhan were already there with Yixing when you arrived. You dropped your bag and stalked up to your dance partner, fearless and unimpressed.

"Listen, Yixing, I know you're jealous and whatever, and yeah, Chanyeol's a dickhead, but that doesn't give you the right to get drunk off your and ing try to beat him up! I picked Chanyeol over you, and you're just going to have to deal with that."

Everyone stepped back at the ferocious, malicious words; Yixing looked hurt firstly, and then he sighed in anger, "How much do you actually remember? And what did Chanyeol tell you?"

You huffed, "I... remember enough to know you tried to hurt Chanyeol out of jealousy for no good reason. He didn't tell me anything."

"You're not fooling me, Yejin," Yixing taunted, his hands in his pockets and his stance relaxed. "You were drunk out of your ing mind."