Final.

A/N: Wrote this bc I saw a post on Facebook about exes being friends lol. Hope you enjoy! ;D

-X

--

It was a stupid game that landed Dara locked inside a bathroom with no other than Kwon Jiyong- her jackass ex-boyfriend.

She pounded on the door with all her strength, causing ruckus in hopes of their colleagues letting them out. "YAH! I'LL KILL YOU ALL ONCE I GET OUT OF HERE!!!" She screamed, but all she heard was another roar of laughter from the other side.

"Come on, Dara, you need to forgive and forget!" Another one of their co-workers, Seunghyun (whom they fondly refer to as Tabi), howled. "It's been years and you'll be working with Jiyong there every day. And with you two being in the same line of work, you won't avoid meeting him even if he's in a different company or something."

Maybe not, Dara conceded in her mind. But that doesn't mean I won't try my hardest!

"Easy for you to say, Tabi," she snorted at the man on the other side of the door.

"Tabi's right, you know." Youngbae seconded. "Besides, we've had enough of the heat from you two. The other employees from Sales and Editing are also having a hard time because you guys are always pitting against each other." He sighed. "Dara-yah, we don't want to corner you into this but it's high time to act professional and not bring your personal problems at work."

Dara frowned in return. It was true that she was hostile when she interacts with Jiyong, but he was the same with her! She wouldn't accept the fact that everything was being blamed on her. "But he's going at me too!" She whined childishly, only glaring at Jiyong who was quietly chuckling while sitting at the bathtub edge. Goodness, I want to wipe that smirk off his face and just drown him!!!

She heard some rustling from behind the door before someone else spoke. "Yah, it was you who's always pushing him to the edge." Another one of their colleagues, Bom, replied. "If he's a girl, I bet we would've already had a catfight in the office."

She scowled, silently admitting defeat. Ever since Jiyong came in five months ago in YG Publishing as a part of the Sales team, she was definitely the one who began acting unfriendly and being generally adverse whenever he says something. When they're in a meeting, she would always counter whatever he says even though his proposals were good just for the sake of fighting him. At first he was docile, letting her have the upper hand but as the time went by, he began answering back to her lame arguments. Since then, they have always been each other's enemy.

"Stop throwing daggers at the poor tiles, Dara," Jiyong's voice shook her from stupor. She wasn't even aware that she was already glowering at the tiles beneath her feet as she contemplated their current situation.

Dara admits to the fact that she was acting unprofessionally, and after hearing what Youngbae said, she sincerely wouldn't want to trouble anyone anymore. After all, Tabi was right. At some point she would have to forget the past. Ultimately, they were both kids back then and it was time to brush it all off and begin in a clean slate.

"Fine!" She clearly spoke, looking up to meet his eyes. There was still a hint of mischief in there and oh, how she wanted to glare at him, but she held herself. You're making amends, Dara, stop planning his death, for Christ's sake! "I..." She swallowed. "I do admit that I've been childish these past months, and I don't really want to cause inconvenience to anyone else. I'm sorry for that. BUT!" She narrowed her eyes at him. "You were in the wrong, too!!!"

Instead of a rebuttal, she was surprised to hear him guffawing as if there was no tomorrow. "WHAT?!" She asked, utterly annoyed. Here she was trying to apologize and yet this guy was laughing like a hyena!