Chapter 1 - Story Of My Life

Chapter 1

"Alright class is over. Please be reminded that your assignment will be due next week. Have a good week everyone!" Mrs Durbis exclaimed.

It's lunch time. I walked out of the classroom feeling so helpless and extremely sad. I was mad and disappointed at everything that is happening around me. I feel so worthless. Nobody talks to me and nobody wanna be friends with me. Am I invisible or do I look like I'm a bad girl? Whatever.... It sucks! 

I've went through so much in my life. As a 17 year old, I can pretty much descibe myself as an emotional wreck. Crying all day long, keeping secrets, hiding my pain to myself.....That's me, Alyssa  Renee Brown. 

If it wouldn't be for my dad, I won't be here. Sometimes I really wished that I could follow mom instead of my dad. Maybe life would be easier. My parents divorced when I was 12 due to irreconcilable differences. It hit me hard. I can still remember that day. It's fresh in my mind. I never thought their fairytale love story would came to an end. I had a hard time swallowing the truth that mom and dad are no longer spouses. Since then, I really had difficulties to handle everything.

Mom and dad had opted for split custody. They had to split their children apart. It was a pretty emotional moment for me because I had to witness my identical twin baby brother and sister split. Mom took my baby sister with her and dad took my baby brother with him. I hugged my mom tightly before we said goodbye and I cried so hard. They're only 1 and they had to be miles apart from each other. Now I can't believe that I had to move to the West Coast while mom will be living in the East Coast...........

"RINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG" 

The loud sounds of the school bell shocked me. Lunch break is over. I sighed as I head to my next class with a heavy heart.