7

"I'm not sure how long it's been. It could have been 10, 20, 30 years since I've seen light. That all changed when a mistical glow began to form around me. I had to cover my eyes because it was so goddamn bright. When I opened them, I was sitting across from you. In the same dress I was wearing when I first made my mistake. You seem like a sweet young girl, with your pretty long brown hair, and your freckled face. You were probably forced into doing this weren't you? I'm just glad you managed to summon a spirit like me, and not one that I had to deal with."

The young girl sitting across from me nodded her head. I could tell she was the shy type. I picked up my wine glass, then chugged the rest of it.
"The game is done, and that's how I got to be a ghost sitting across from you. Now do me a favor and never play this game again. Do you understand?"
The young girl nodded her head once more, before closing her eyes. "Follow me to the end. Follow me to the end."
I stood up from my chair and yelled at the top of my lungs, "What are you doing?! Stop it!!" But the young girl denied.
"Follow me to the end." The candles blew out, and for a moment I felt as if I was two people at the same time. I could feel exactly everything the little girl could. When the lights were turned on. The little girl had a huge smile on her face,
"I'm sorry, but I wanted to help you. You seem nice, and I don't want you to live in that kind of pain anymore than you have to." She reminded me of a younger me.
When I looked around the room we were in, it felt like I've been there before, but at the same time, it felt so new. The little girl took me by the hand, and walked towards the kitchen, "before I show you around, I want to get something to eat." The room we were in seemed like her room. There was a bed and a lot of little kid kind of posters everywhere. The girl showed me downstairs, and into the kitchen. She opened the door, and I waited.
I didn't know what to feel. Someone had saved me, but at the same time, I was upset that she had disobeyed my favor.
When the girl was almost done in the fridge, I felt an ice cold hand on my shoulder. "I didn't think I would ever see you again." I turned around and saw an older woman standing over me. The little girl poked her head out of the fridge, then asked,
"I thought only people that did the ritual could see other ghosts?"
The older woman nodded her head very slowly, "You're very right about that, Melissa."
"Then how do you know her, Grandma?" Asked the little girl.
The older woman squeezed my shoulder, then spoke,
"we use to date."