Welcome To Rapture

Jack sits in the plane seat. He smokes a cigarette. The smoke leaving a grey stream. He says some words to himself. He'd heard them before. He looked at a picture of his parents, and for some odd reason... He had a gun.

~~~~~~~~~~

Jack had blacked out. He opened his eyes underwater. He couldn't breath, he looked down to see darkness...Pieces of the plane sank by him. He swam up towards the yellow light, and arose to the top to see the surface of the water on fire. The only surface he would see for probably miles is a lone lighthouse. Quite possibly his plane hit this tower? But there was no damage done to it. He swims frantically to the tower, water splashing behind him.
Soon enough, being tired from swimming already, Jack slumps himself onto the lighthouse steps. The salt water leaking off of him, pouring in small streams. He heavily breaths as he lays down. The water creating a puddle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No gods, Or kings, Only man" is what a red banner had written on it. Jack steps down some stairs to the side of it. It was dark. And the only light besides the banner was coming from a...brass ball, was what Jack would say to describe it. He steps inside and pulls a lever. Not knowing what horrifying adventures await him. A projector showed a slide show with a man talking.. "I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture" Jack's eyes grew wide as a massive city, that seemingly looked like New York that was underwater, came into view. A squid swam by along with other sea creatures. "A city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well. " Jack saw signs pass by him, they all said different things In large, bold print. Two men spoke via radio, and Jack listened in on there conversation.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack watched as he arrived into a dark room. The lights flickered as he saw two, orange glowing hook like objects moving around. The same man on the radio...one of them begged for his life only for a human like creature with the hooks on their hands to split them open... Jack stepped back in horror as the man gurgled on his own blood. His breath grew heavy again. He let out a little scream. Bad idea. The creature with the hooks spoke. "Is it someone new???" They said in a raspy, scratchy voice that seemed like the result of smoking for years on end, Then it let out an ear piercing screech and jumped on the brass ball. There's a scratching noise as it shreds it's hooks against the ball. Little glowing shards come from some electrical wires.

The creature must be gone

It's silent.

A radio inside the sphere makes a static noise. Then a voice comes through from the other end.

(Hey so I know this is kinda short but y'know. I think this is the perfect point to stop. So Would ya' kindly stay tuned for chapter 2?
Thank you.)

{• props to the artist who made the picture for this chapter •}