Chapter 2. Welcome home

(Jess) Pov
6:44 pm

I ran down the stairs and follow him outside. "Wait!! I'm fifteen by the way so I'm not a little kid. Please.. I'll help you.. please.. I don't want to die. I'll do anything!" I yelled.
He pauses.
"Hand me your gun and stay in the back of the van."
I nod and held my bags.
He walks towards me and I hand him the gun that I was holding the whole time.
He looks down at my cuts so I yank out my arm and quickly walk inside the back of the van. He shakes his head and closes the door.
He then jumps to the driver seat and starts the engine.
Inside, there were a two big beds, a refrigerator,sink, and a dining table.
"Woahh" I say as I set my bags down on a couch.

"Your van is so clean."
He starts driving. "What did you think my van was going to look like? Fucking trash?"
"yeah" I joked.
I sit down on the couch and wave my legs around, back and forth.
"So tell me about yourself mister. What's your name?"
He looks at the front mirror.
"Haven't your dad teach you not to follow strangers?"
"I didn't really have a choice. Either way I would've died right?"
"You shouldn't say that. There are kids out there trying to survive.. and call me Mister cause I don't want to reveal my name."
"Wow okay. My name is Jess"
I look down and around the walls. There were guns and knives hanging on the walls.
"So... what's your job?"
"I'm a killer. The person who kills the bad guys. Kill criminals. Kinda like a mafia member but not a bad one.. you'll understand later. I'll tell you more about it at my house"
"Do you have kids?"
"Nah. Don't want one either"
"So uh.. What do I have to do.. to help you?"
"tell ya later." He groans "Shut up."

***
June 1st-Wed
8:16 pm

I woke up from a really nice cushion. It was warm and the covering smelt nice.. like expensive cologne. I quickly open my eyes and look around the room I was in.
The lights were dim and the room had a TV and everything that I would wish for.

I realized that everything was reality. That all the stuff that happened today wasn't a nightmare.
I quietly walk out of the room.
The hallway had luxuries all hanging on the walls.
"Where are you going?" Someone says.
I jumped and turned around.
It was Mister.
"Oh its just you"
"Just?"
"Wow is this your house? It's so beautiful"
"Yeah. Make yourself at home. This is your house and the room you were in is going to be yours"
"Wow thank you. How is your mansion so clean and everything? Because of the Mafia month and everything."

He sips his coffee and sits down on a white couch.
"Oh I have about hundreds of body guards. One of the strongest body guard I have is Kaiden. Their rooms are 2 stories down."
My jaw dropped and I rushed to a window. The mansion was so big that I felt like I lived in a big building.
There were about 20 buff guys outside with mashine guns eating food outside.
I open my mouth again.
"What are you? What the fuck.. you live in heaven or something"
He snickered.
"Anyways..You and I are going on a mission later. I have to investigate something and you have to come with me. Since you asked to be with me. Also you have to get trained before that"
"What's the training?"
"You're going to train with Kaiden. Every Friday and Saturday you're going to run at least 4 laps with him. Since your a beginner, you'll train with knives and guns with fake people. You'll understand during training. Since your pretty good at aiming with guns.. you'll go on a mission with me and Kaiden this friday."

I nod and try to understand what kind of mission he was actually talking about.
"What's the investigation or mission that is on friday?"
He scratches his short mustache on his chin, "The guy you killed today told me he knew who The One is. Unfortunately your clueless ass killed him before he could lure me somewhere. So I have no idea what is going on.. but he did gave me a card saying to meet someone by Baywood Hill at 2:00 pm this friday."

I look down as I felt guilty.
"But.. wasn't he trying to kill you? There shouldn't be a reason why he gave you a card to meet someone. all I wanted to do was save you both. Also what if it's a trap?"
"Jess. Kaiden and I have been going on missions for about ten years now. The guy probably knew I would win or something. We'll know later. You should worry about yourself. Anyways the girl with me was pretty useless"
I tightened my fist.
"How could you say that? Wasn't she important to you?"
"Important. Of course she was. She always cheated on me. But of course since she lived at my house I couldn't really be rude to her. Anyways she's been holding the squad up"
"She was your girlfriend?"
"She was" He says and drags me to the room I was in a few minutes ago.

He opens a closet and it was full of girl clothes.
"You can have all of these. Since she's gone now and yall both short, you could probably fit in these."

I look up at him and looked into his eyes since "the eyes are windows to your soul" or some shit. His eyes looked sad but I just brush of his sorrows.
"What the fuck are you doin? Go unpack your stuff" he says and points to my bags. I blink a couple of times and start unpacking the three bags as he walks out the door.